Tikka T3 Mags

varminter.223

Whotcha!

My mate just picked up a T3 Stainless varminter .223 (1: 8 Twist). Reason he bought it was he wanted to launch 69gn and 75gn missiles. The problem is he cant fit the 75's in the mag (not sure about the 69's he didn't mention those!).Defeats the purpose of having a fast twist/ mag feed if you cant load the projectiles :)

Has anyone got round (pun not intended)this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Varminter.

Guest brieny1000

hi varminter

i hav just ordered a selection of 69gr for my t3lite to see which suites best. i will let ta know how (and if) they perform when they arrive

paul

hi

i modifyed mine so they fitted , you need to take mag apart (4 snap lugs need drilling out ) then carefully file the back end to reqiered length ,glue a block of plastic or corrrect length and width where you have just filed because its hollow only top of mag is solid.then you need to extend the slider using an epoxy resin sanded to shape when hard and painted black , hareldite bottom of mag back on and presto job done works a treat and you cant notice its been done , just take your time and have the tools to do it (dremmel,file ,piller drill ect )

mark

hi

i modifyed mine so they fitted , you need to take mag apart (4 snap lugs need drilling out ) then carefully file the back end to reqiered length ,glue a block of plastic or corrrect length and width where you have just filed because its hollow only top of mag is solid.then you need to extend the slider using an epoxy resin sanded to shape when hard and painted black , hareldite bottom of mag back on and presto job done works a treat and you cant notice its been done , just take your time and have the tools to do it (dremmel,file ,piller drill ect )

mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for that, Ill pass on the info.

Pete

Archived