Tikka picatinny rail

Thanks. I'm quite familiar with the tikka action but I would like to know the actual height of the rail on its own.

I've got a T3 Supervarmint with a Picatinny rail fitted, and a T3X Supervarmint with the integral Picatinny rail. The height, which is what you asked for, is the same on both, although 'depth/thickness' of the rail on the T3 is more because it grips the dovetails on the action. The T3X Supervarmint does not have the dovetails.

Just measured one that is off the rifle, it is 6.5mm from the base to the flats on the top.

Thanks for the info lads.

JTO

The rifle I ordered is the T3x ctr so it will have the same rail as your T3x supervarmint.

Is it a flat base rail that is screwed onto the receiver ?

Flat rail screwed and pinned on as I could see. Mine (CTR stainless is about 6.4mm) With scope on it is difficult to measure and could well be the 6.5 that - measured.

btw, just unpacked a new Third Eye Tikka rail. I was annoyed about the high price of 90 Euro and now disgusted that they don't even have screws with the rail, how is any one supposed to fit the rail??? Never again a product from this company.

edi

Archived