Wt1-75 thermal scope

Ro6.5

Hi, I am after some reviews/information on the wt1-75-6 640-480 thermal scope. Has anyone got any experience of one? or compared one to a pulsar xd75 or a optix thermal scope?

Someone did say there was a issue with them holding zero? Has anyone got any more info on this? Has it been resolved?

Any information pro's/cons build quality etc would be greatly received. Thanks

Ro6.5

I've been using the same scope (but bought directly from China) for about a year now and it's a truly great bit of kit.

I have't looked through an Apex XD75 or an Optix, but I did recently spend an evening with a couple of guys who were looking to buy a thermal scope and had tried both the XD75 and the Optix 60.

Both said that the Ward 75-6 was by far the best thermal scope they had looked through and in fact ordered one from Clive the following day.

You should be aware that, although the 75-6 is £1k more than the 75-3, both scopes have the same resolution.

By resolution I mean the area "seen" by each sensor pixel at a specific distance.

In the case of the 75-3 and the 75-6, each sensor pixels "sees" a box 22 mm square at a distance of 100m.

However, the 75-6 gives you that resolution over a much wider field of view which makes finding the target much easier.

My normal practice is to find the target with the digital zoom on x1, get onto the target and then zoom up to x4 to take the shot.

Obviously the target is not so sharp at x4 and you can be shooting at a white (or black) blob - but it certainly works!!

Cheers

Bruce

Hi Ro6.5,

As Bruce has said there is no difference in the detail that the WT1 75-3 or WT1 75-6 can see due to the sensors pixels being the same physical size. The 75-6 has more of them so you get a wider field of view which is handy for spotting at 3.5x having said that I haven't found the 6x a handicap for spotting targets and you get more mag on the top end of 24x. That's why I suggest most customers go for the cheaper 75-3.

Without getting into point scoring on other specific products...we found quite some time ago that the minimum ideal specification for the shooting we do in the UK to get the right amount of system resolution, thermal sensitivity and ergonomics is:

17 Micron shutterless core.

75mm F1 lens.

800x600 Oled display.

The only products readily available in the UK with this spec are the WT1 75 series and the GSCI TWS3075 at £14,200.00! With this spec you can reliably and easily 100% ID targets at any range you would want to shoot at, at night.

If you drop any of these specs then clarity is reduced and that critical positive ID starts to suffer. For example what is a perfectly defined easily shootable fox target at 250 yards with the WT1 could be an indistinct blob 1/4 of the size with another product.

There has never been an issue with zero retention on the WT1 series so you have been mis-informed unfortunately. The scopes have proved completely reliable and we have not had a single return.

To put things into perspective, I am in the fortunate position to use any piece of equipment from any manufacturer at any price for my night shooting and I personally use a WT1 75-3 and I've just ordered a WT1 50-3 for my rimfire.

Cheers

Clive

Archived