Reamers.

baldie

Always bought PTG. After having the last two orders in for over 4 months, and literally begging for an e-mail answer, thought it was time to look elsewhere.

Ordered 3 reamers last night from Dave Manson.

They are on their way now. Thats service.

PTG, you need to buck your ideas up big time.

Only four months, that's not bad for PTG. Last (and that means last) order I had from them was ordered in Dec, cocked up multiple times, wrongly charged and finally arrived in May. Been using Dave Manson since then and the customer service is excellent. unfortunatly Dave does not do carbide or screw on pilots but it's worth paying the extra $10 and have them coated.

Only four months, that's not bad for PTG. Last (and that means last) order I had from them was ordered in Dec, cocked up multiple times, wrongly charged and finally arrived in May. Been using Dave Manson since then and the customer service is excellent. unfortunatly Dave does not do carbide or screw on pilots but it's worth paying the extra $10 and have them coated.

Hadn't considered coating Neil.

To be honest the first 3 reamers were just a test, and standard off the shelf stuff.

I do like screw on pilots, but I can live with the Jesus clips and lack of carbide [ hate carbide reamers ]

Are the British made reamers no good? - or didn't they get into production.

I remember them being mentioned on here some time ago - followed by some comments like 'look in the hidden category'.

Are the manson pilots compatible with the PTG reamers...

I havent needed any reamers for a while, but the last I ordered from PTG took months and then there was the regrind saga with my Shehane reamer :mad:

Dara told me they were Andy, apart from the .17 and 20.

To be honest, if I have to re equip with full sets to suit, i'm going to. I,m that fed up with PTG.

Cheers Dave

always good to have an alternative

PTG have always been the go to, but ive had some issues with delivery, so started using Henriksen which are superb, but take twelve months to arrive too.

I used a Manson reamer for a 6mm BR I built a few months ago which cut very well.

Two of those in that order of mine were non standard stuff Vince. I don't think they will be much longer....its just the complete lack of replies to e-mails that boil my juice.

Yes I concur

PTG are taking forever??

I have just had delivery of reamers ordered 12 months ago, and then I have had to chase endlessly for them??

what do you do when you are tolled up exclusively for the PTG reamers, bite the bullet and buy another £1000 worth of pilots for

another companies reamers???

It will be the death of us??

Mik

The reamers arrived this morning. 2 weeks delivery.

They take PTG pilots with a Jesus clip. Absolutely razor sharp, and very well made.

I chambered a Howa in .308 with one this evening, and the finish was so glass smooth, I had to go into the chamber with some 1200 grit wet and dry, just to put a finish in there that a case could actually grip. Never used a reamer as sharp, or as well mannered.

Another order is going in now.

They will see all my business in future.

• 1 month later...

Well a very common wildcat anyway.

I could imagine it's a stock item

Yes.Chris it has been the 'norm'.

But,and I (kid )you not,there is a new (ditto) on the block; and how 'Norma(l)' is that in the wildcat menagerie.... :-)

g

Archived