Rem lightweight.

baldie

Just finished this one for a customer who wanted a lightweight stalking rifle.

IMG_1660_zpsks9ooqbx.jpg

This started life as a new Remington action, which went into the lathe for a full blueprint. It was then fitted with a Sassen fluted blank in Rem PSS profile at 20" long.

Screwcut and invisible capped in M18 x 1 and an 11 degree crown. [ yes, the carbon needs cleaning off the muzzle ! ]

IMG_1659_zpspuyqfrqr.jpg

Its a 1 in 8" twist 6.5 Creedmoor.

20 Moa rail, and the trigger is from a 40XB or something similar. It has an adjuster screw that protrudes from the base. I stripped and tuned it, and its sweet.

The stock is a carbon fibre model, which has been fully bedded and painted inside. This is the lightest stock I've ever seen, I think its 400 grammes.

IMG_1658_zpsvcl7vjan.jpg

Floorplate is a HS precision, and I had the usual malarkey, fitting the damn thing. For a supposed " drop in " part . I also had to reprofile the front tang to blend in with the stock. However, it now fits and functions flawlessly .

IMG_1666_zpsllf5ahnp.jpg

IMG_1662_zpsgtaryzia.jpg

Bipod is one of the Javelin carbon models, which just pull off the magnet. Superb for such a gun. It means the bipod doesn't have to be on the gun when carried, and it simply slips in to the spigot when needed. Great option for sticks.

IMG_1661_zps0ure1yve.jpg

IMG_1663_zpsrgejmm4h.jpg

Mod is an A-tex Hertz, again, chosen to keep the weight down.

IMG_1665_zpsle789wbs.jpg

IMG_1664_zpsz0pczouj.jpg

I weighed the gun without the mod, and it 6.5 lbs.

Archived