grs stock

rsc1960

hi lads

thinking of looking for a second hand grs stock (new cost just to high for me).for my 6 mm br tikka 595.

just a couple questions please for those who have one, used one,

1,are they a drop in inlet with no work to do,

2, and your honest opinion on the build quality.

thank you

Bob.

They drop in fine, as always bedded would be nicer but Ive had them shoot exceptionally without bedding.

The build quality of the laminate stocks are very good and it is reflected in the price, the Berserk are not so good but again this is reflected in its price.

I think your big problem will be finding a second hand 595 one.

Hi Bob,

Had two GRS stocks both for sako 75 action they are drop in just had to scrap a very small section of wood from the mag well used a pocket knife then it fitted perfectly , good value for money considering all the adjustments on the length of pull and on the comb.

Steve.

thank you both so much,

that's good news, I like the look of the one on big als 22 br, ( but not sure they do it in the 595?) in fact had I sold 1 of the 20 tac's I would have had it for my collection, just think al,

tikka t3 22 br :)

tikka 595 6mmbr :)

tikka 595 20 tac :)

looks like I'll be on the look out for a second hand one,

you'r advice and help is very helpful

Bob.

I have a grs decima and I've found it very easy to use once I'd had pillars put in. Before pillars I had problems with wandering zero. This was with a 300wsm. Also they can be a bit slippy in wet weather. But saying that I would reccomend them as a very well thought out stock.

I have a grs decima and I've found it very easy to use once I'd had pillars put in. Before pillars I had problems with wandering zero. This was with a 300wsm. Also they can be a bit slippy in wet weather. But saying that I would reccomend them as a very well thought out stock.

thank you,

Bob.

I have two, a hybrid and an adjustable Hunter, both on 595's, and they are excellent.

The inletting gives a really snug fit, so I haven't felt the need to bed them in, although GRS recommends it.

Re-Pete

Archived