Sign in to follow this  
alpha1

Where do I get an Omega repaired?

Hi I have an Omega automatic it worked flawlessly for about 20 year then suddenly started to gain a lot. I had it repaired by a local jeweler cost £200 it ran ok for about two years then started doing it again. I mean it gains a Lot. I would like it repaired properly. Any one any suggestions as to were I can get it done.

(Sorry, off topic, but I love this thread - it really does again support the idea that an interest precision watches tends to accompany an interest in precision rifles! At least 4 Omegas and 2 Rolexes mentioned!)

Ive a couple of Omega's Goldsmiths offer an outstanding service , just had a full service/battery change on my Seamaster,

superb customer service !

They will give you a proper estimate, cost and time and a full warranty on the work,

:)

I must admit to having a passion for nice watches I have about 5 watches. Not necessarily expensive watches but the Omega is my favorite. Any way thanks for the replies I will check them out.

Ive a couple of Omega's Goldsmiths offer an outstanding service , just had a full service/battery change on my Seamaster,

superb customer service !

They will give you a proper estimate, cost and time and a full warranty on the work,

:)

Did you say battery?

I don't have anything as nice as an Omega or Rolex (yet!), but I have had excellent service in the past from the following watchmakers:

- Watchworks (although they did turn down my Seiko)

- Genesis Watch Repairs

- Premier Watch Repairs

- Ryte Time Watch Repairs

I had my Seamaster mechanical "serviced" and a new crown by one of those in Shuggy's post, went back twice and has never been right since. I got fed up of talking to the chap in question and now have a watch that if i do next to nothing keeps good time but on a busy day on the tools will gain 15 mins.

I'd suggest you find a repairer with personal recommendation and preferably not too far away. I'm still looking for one to get it put right. I did contact Omega but was looking at over £600, which is not much less than i paid for the watch.