Wt1 thermal scope

sussexsteve

I bought a thermal riflescope from China about a year ago and it's the same as the WT1-75-6 that Clive sells.

I also have a Drone, which used to be on my foxing rig, but has now been replaced by the thermal

I now use the drone as a "confirmer" in cases where identification of the target at long range with the thermal is not 100% - but it's only needed very occasionally because the image on the thermal scope is very, very good.

I've shot foxes out to around 270 yards with it, although they are more normally less than 200 and at that distance identification is extremely easy.

The wide field of view makes acquiring the target easy (much easier than with the Drone) and then when the target is in the reticle use the digital zoom to make it big enough so that you can put the reticle in the centre of the "blob" you're shooting at.

One of the biggest advantages of the thermal over any digital night vision kit is that you don't get the glare from trees, grass, bushes etc which can "white out" the camera and make it difficult or impossible to see the target.

Against that, thin wispy grass and that sort of thing doesn't show up well in the thermal so you need to make certain you are seeing all of the target and that none of it is obstructed by vegitation.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. I had the original drone when it first came on the market and was extremely happy with it. However I now feel that the foxes boar and rabbits I shoot for one reason or another have become twitchy to the IR. I feel a thermal scope is now the next progression for me. As you know most foxes will probably get shot sub 150 without the lamp. If the thermal from Clive can give a positive recognition at that distance I think that will meet my needs

Thanks Steve

Hi Bruce, very interesting. Where did you buy from?

I bought it from a Chinese company called MH Electronics http://www.mh-elec.com/photo-x.php?id=126

I had no problems whatsoever with the purchase, but I don't recommend anyone trying to buy a one off direct from China since mine cost me considerably more that the price Clive Ward charges

My 75-6 cost £5636 including shipping duty and VAT

Clive sells the same thing for £4750

Cheers

Bruce

It's best to contact Clive via pm on this forum or on the UK night vision forum.

Starlight sell these scopes under their "Icarus" brand, but I understand they are having supply chain problems.

Cheers

Bruce

The problem for me is getting in contact with Clive. Does anyone else stock this scope in the uk?

Hi Steve,

You are more than welcome to come over anytime for a demo of the scope. Just drop me an email and we'll get it organised.

I use the WT1 75-3 model myself having previously used something vastly more expensive and I haven't felt disadvantaged by the change. These scopes are that good.

Out foxing last week on the stubble I could 100% visually id foxes at over 400 yards!

Cheers

Clive

Archived