taffy

Just had my new AI AT back in 22BR.

Been a while and have a 1:12 Krieger to shoot 53gr V-Max.

Started with 31gr VV133 BR4 and seated 20 thou forward from the datum point. This is not necessarily jammed into the lands.

Shot a vertical slot.

It's been a while and I am returning albeit slowly to the fold. Can't bloody remember if this is a velocity syndrome or seating depth related. Could someone re educate me please??

Thanks......

Hi taff , if it were me id switch to sierra or another make bullet as stated , some of the boxes contain different bullets from different batches recently with Hornadys etc . I used to use 50 & 55 sbk in a 223 and 223ack both were very accurate bullets . Also just wondering how your brass is sized ? As too much neck tention can cause inconsistent results . Normally the problem would be solved by either expanding the necks with a mandril or using a bushing die of some sort to get the fit just right ! Pork has or had a br22 and from memory it was his most favourite caliber ;) all the best ....

• 3 weeks later...

That is a nice rifle :D

Thanks seprim,

Its a custom single shot Stiller predator action with a 24" Pac Nor HV profile ultramatch barrel chambered .22BR Norma .253" Neck with invisible thread cap.

Stock is a Mcmillan Winchester marksman and its all set off by a Rifle Basix trigger factory set at 12oz, all put together by yours truely

Ian.

Archived