digital target

Sako Quad

12" barrel

HW Mod

3-9x50 Nikko Stirling

tricky seeing the target as its a 4" black circle built for CF

40gr Win subs - tried to hold on the top of the circle

149mm - A shocking 5 MOA!

the last shot shown in grean opened the group from 3.07 MOA (89mm) to 5 MOA!

IMG_4526_zpsxk9tyswy.jpg

Win Subs 40gr - aim dead centre

86mm - 2.95 MOA

IMG_4528_zpsw2fyywzs.jpg

RWS 40gr Subs - aimed dead centre

56mm - 1.92 MOA

IMG_4529_zpspkgwnsyz.jpg

peaked my interest now

I have a 22" barrelled version of this rifle too.

going to strap on my 8x32 Sightron and I will be back!

IMG_4530_zps5vqi5o7l.jpg

Phhhh! Don't know what the fuss is about - I head shoot rabbits out to 175 yards all day long with my 10/22. You should try cutting a little cross in the head tip - blows the bunnies heads right off. lol.

This is the best group I could produce on Saturday. .213" c-c. Unfortunately the other groups on the card were typically so-so.

Sako Finnfire/Tenex

5 shots, 50 yards, Bisley, raining. Wobbly benches on Melville range.

.th_img012_zpszljjcw4s.jpg

Phhhh! Don't know what the fuss is about - I head shoot rabbits out to 175 yards all day long with my 10/22. You should try cutting a little cross in the head tip - blows the bunnies heads right off. lol.

This is the best group I could produce on Saturday. .213" c-c. Unfortunately the other groups on the card were typically so-so.

Sako Finnfire/Tenex

5 shots, 50 yards, Bisley, raining. Wobbly benches on Melville range.

.th_img012_zpszljjcw4s.jpg

:lol:

-----

Tidy group at 50! :)

:lol:

-----

Tidy group at 50! :)

Yes indeed-in a perfect shooting world this-the very best group(not perhaps the much more typical 'so so' ones) would be under an inch at 175....so most shots might hit a rabbit brain IF centered....that is quite another matter of accuracy,of course-rather than precision grouping,even under the most favourable field conditions.

However,the interesting question is,how difficult was it to convert the 10/22 to shoot the 22 Waldog cartridge-a shortened 22PPC-of course not in semi auto mode? The Waldog is routinely capable of sub 1/2 inch at 200y,though in a Bench Rest rifle and context....ie no wobbly benches,wind and rain....but at least 5x5 aggregates.

If it can be converted back to 22rf,then it's a potential winner in factory rifle BR at 100y,and should do well in the open class in either cartridge :-)

Been ages since I read "1066 and all that"-one of the original " history as it wasn't" books,economical with the truth,but quite hilarious at the time....but not for the exams...the chapter on "The Pheasants Revolt " should be read by every game shooter.(though it's not very (P)PC now. :-) :-)

gbal

Been ages since I read "1066 and all that"-one of the original " history as it wasn't" books,economical with the truth,but quite hilarious at the time....but not for the exams...the chapter on "The Pheasants Revolt " should be read by every game shooter.(though it's not very (P)PC now. :-) :-)

1066 and All That: A Memorable History of England, comprising all the parts you can remember, including 103 Good Things, 5 Bad Kings and 2 Genuine Dates

I have always been worried about venomous bedes when I am out and about in the countryside

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a effort from a couple of weeks ago. Typically frustrating flyers spoiling what might have been tidy groups.

In all four of these groups, four shots are ok and one is wayward. It's not the first shot or the last just random, it could well be me but I don't do it with a centrefire.

These groups were shot at a lasered 100yds off the ground with a bipod, although outside, it was fairly still.

Since shooting these I have pillar bedded the rifle, lightened the trigger from 2.2 lbs to 1.5lbs and made a trigger shoe but not yet had chance to try again.

Sako Finnfire P94S, Eley Match, 100yds.

th_trigger%20shoe_zpsmcz4hdxq.jpgth_pillar%20bed_zpsr4tihsnh.jpg

Snap_2016.10.04_09h18m44s_001_zpsblrrv42

• 1 month later...

Here is my effort.

All groups are measured from outer edge to outer edge.

da8e7ad5-647c-4472-99d5-889406962c46_zps

This is the set up and rifle i was using.

Wind was from 6 o'clock, fishtailing. Had to pick my wind.

Rifle is a Annie 54 Match, model 1710 DHB.

P1000293_zpszrd8xxki.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My effort.

Windy from the left, although in all honestly changeable elevations seem to be the real group killer.

RWS HP subby's and Eley Club.

Previously found the rifle greatly dislike Eley HP's, club seems to work though. Used to think it liked RWS.....oh dear.

100 yards, bipod, rear bag. Chopped down CZ452.

Don't laugh, barstewards ;)

15515818_376165299393406_330332659_o_zps

Well done for posting. (probably fairly typical results for sporting 22rfs with commercial sport ammo in field conditions).

It's what eventually encouraged me to get into accurate cfs.

I am coming to think some parts of the country must have rabbits with larger heads (at 100y) than the ones (indeed hundreds) I used to (chest) shoot in the Borders. :-)

gbal

Now I remember why I welly everything with the 260, and the .22 stays in the safe.....

However, it does serve its purpose for cheap practice, and good for practicing a good technique on the trigger and follow through.

I should probably have a nosey at what the local shops have got to try and see if there is anything more consistent out there for my rifle.....

I am coming to think some parts of the country must have rabbits with larger heads

:lol: Yup!

Great thread - so refreshing to see honest 22LR groups.

Let's not forget that the title of this thread is "Three consecutive 5 shot groups".

maximus otter

& Yup!

My effort.

Windy from the left, although in all honestly changeable elevations seem to be the real group killer.

RWS HP subby's and Eley Club.

Previously found the rifle greatly dislike Eley HP's, club seems to work though. Used to think it liked RWS.....oh dear.

100 yards, bipod, rear bag. Chopped down CZ452.

Don't laugh, barstewards ;)

15515818_376165299393406_330332659_o_zps

Thats not so bad for a Sporter , I get most rabbits at around 100yds with a CZ which I`m very happy with , what I like most of all is subsonic availability and of course the price of ammo and dont forget you can rattle of 100 rounds in a night and not **ss anyone off , .22LRs are for winners (if you bash bunnies)

• 1 month later...

Will re-visit my results over the next week or two, pending getting glass back on the rifle.

Howked out the stock and gave it the devcon treatment.

Honestly don't believe it'll make a difference in this application, but I was bored. Convinced ammo is the major limiting factor.

Grim

The BR tribe think harmonics are a big think with 22rf so a bit of bedding might do some magic, be interesting to see as I keep looking at my bolt 22rf, if this weather keeps up I'll have a play this weeken!

Most definitely ammo.

But I also think technique 'appears' to be a factor with rf, but I've nothing to prove this.

Must sort some targets out and post, this thread's interesting.

T

Got out today,

After a poop start and figuring out the mod was loose, I got to shoot some groups post devcon.

No perceivable difference, measures out within a fraction of a bullet's width on the average.

What I did realise however is that my rifle is very sensitive to it's very flexible fore-end, so I will investigate means of either further relieving the fore-end to ensure a freefloat, or stiffening it to ensure a freefloat, and try again.

• 7 months later...

After reading this thread I thought it would be interesting to see what my CZ452 can do with the last of the Remmy subs I have left.

Target at 52 yds,

Wind 8 - 15 MPH alternating 7 o'clock to 4 o'clock.

The rifle is zeroed at 70 yds.

Bottom RH was checking the zero, leaning across the wing mirror, as the rifle has been in the safe for many months.

After putting four shots in a tiny group I thought I would spoil it by putting in a low one.

The three groups from left to right are in order and shot off front and rear bags (probably should have stuck with the wing mirror).

The second group were shot as fast as possible, which probably explains the vertical string.

I can't say the rifle ever liked the Remmys, but they were all that was available at the time.

post-16017-0-66715000-1504878453_thumb.jpg

Archived