Tikka Chassis

Akeld

Hello all, bit of a long shot but worth a try. A while ago on guntrader there was a Tikka M595 action mounted an aluminium box section chassis (for want of a better word), it was single shot due to the action being bolted directly to the box section and chambered in 6x45 (necked up .223 I think), it also had an AR style pistol grip and bolt on cheek piece and fore end. Just wondered if it was sold to anyone on here and if so how does it shoot? Or if someone could link the original photos I'd appreciate it, google is a blank for me so far

• 2 weeks later...

Initial thought would have been something like an XLR Element chassis, but they're only for the T3 action rather than the M595 as far as I know. There are loads of custom 'tube gun' chassis out there, so if it's not something from the likes of XLR Industries or MDT it could be rather hard to track down.

I would say it was a one off, possibly made in a well equipped shed, if you can picture the action bolted on top of box section and bipod, pistol grip,butt and cheek piece attached to the section. All the bits you needed but nothing that you don't.It looked odd but also very good

Was it for sale in bond & bywater in Preston by any chance?

If it was I know the rifle.

It was custom made using an aluminium 'I' Beam in Gwynedd firearms in bangor.

The gunsmith was Mike he has retired now and has sold the shop to a couple of guys Rom ruthin who own valley arms.

Was it for sale in bond & bywater in Preston by any chance?

If it was I know the rifle.

It was custom made using an aluminium 'I' Beam in Gwynedd firearms in bangor.

The gunsmith was Mike he has retired now and has sold the shop to a couple of guys Rom ruthin who own valley arms.

That rings a bell

Archived