Finished my .308 Tikka MDT Build

markymark

Hello all,

For anyone who is interested I finished my rifle build, and took it to Bisley last weekend. It shot like a dream and am very happy with the set up. Its shooting around or just below MOA at the moment. I only shot up to 500m this time but hope to get on the 800m-1000m next time I go to really stretch the legs.

My set up is:

Tikka T3 .308 CTR (20" semi heavy barrel with 1:11 twist)

MDT HS3 Chassis System

20MOA rail

Sightron SIII - 6-24x50 FFP in a ADM QD mount

Luth AR stock

Deluxe Flat top Ergo grip

Lumley Arms - carbon / Ti bolt knob

Wildcat Evo mod

I decided to strip it back off its action and lighten the trigger pull, looking forward to heading back out with it and continue the ammo testing. At the moment it favours the 155gn GGG but will see what happens once the barrel is broken in and if I can find some other available factory ammo.

I've tried the GGG, HPS & Fultons. Was very surprised to see that it liked the 155gn with this barrel twist. Can I ask is there are any other .308 Tikka shooters that use factory ammo and what have you got on well with?

BCCDAB64-0020-403E-98D6-E7678E762A91_zps

I have a T3 Super Varmint in .308 also with the 20" 1:11 barrel which shoots various 155gr bullets well viz:

• Sierra Matchking 2155
  • Sierra Palma Matchking 2156
  • Sierra Tipped Matchking 7755
  • Lapua Scenar GB491
  • Nosler Custom Competition
I had an MDT Tac21 chassis on my .300 WSM T3 unil a couple of months ago, they are extremely well made and shoot very well.

Did you import the Luth AR stock yourself, or did you manage to obtain it here in the UK, I've never seen them offered for sale here.

Interesting to see that other .308 Tikka favour the 155gn SMK

Rob, yes got it here in the uk. If you're after one speak to Wayne at Northwest custom parts

http://www.nwcustomparts.com/product_by_category.cfm?category=Stocks

Quite cheap, light and plenty of adjustability

That's good - I had the MDT Skelton Stock on my Tac21 and to be honest it added too much weight. I've always liked the look of the Luth AR stocks.

Good luck with it.

Archived