A Bolt Rebarrel

This is probably a question for one of the Gunsmiths on here but has anyone had a Browning A-Bolt re-barreled ? I have heard that they can be a bit of a pain to do due to the fine metric threads that Browning use and the force that's needed to separate the the barrel from the action due to the loctite they use ? If its possible to do i'll have it done but if its a no go i'll have to look for a different rifle which i would rather not do.

Thanks.

Steve Kershaw did me a new barrel on my A-Bolt in 7-08. As a stalking rifle it performs well. Just keep in mind there isn't many aftermarket parts available. Mine sits in a McMillan stock and has a timney trigger spring and that's the extent of it. There are no aftermarket floor plates so you will be limited to the factor 4 shot magazine.

Baldie has showcased an A-Bolt he has customised for a customer if memory serves correct it was in a GRS stock and looked very good.

I like the A-Bolt action for the 3 lug bolt, 60 degree bolt throw.

Nothing difficult....they either come apart leaving good threads....or they don't. Thats the customers risk. Rebarrel easily enough.

Just what i wanted to hear - Thanks

Steve Kershaw did me a new barrel on my A-Bolt in 7-08. As a stalking rifle it performs well. Just keep in mind there isn't many aftermarket parts available. Mine sits in a McMillan stock and has a timney trigger spring and that's the extent of it. There are no aftermarket floor plates so you will be limited to the factor 4 shot magazine.

Baldie has showcased an A-Bolt he has customised for a customer if memory serves correct it was in a GRS stock and looked very good.

I like the A-Bolt action for the 3 lug bolt, 60 degree bolt throw.

Same here i also like the the tang safety and the magazine/floorplate arrangement i would like it sat in a GRS Berserk but alas no inlet for an A Bolt, i found the thread about the one Baldie done, agreed it looks very nice - excellent in fact.!

I was thinking along the lines of a 7.08 myself but getting slowly tempted by the 6.5 Creedmoor the main thing is it can be done which is good news.

Archived