T3 .22BR

I built this T3 a couple of months ago but just got around to taking some pictures today.

The barrel is a Bergara 9 twist at 26", GRS Berserk stock, paintwork is Cerakote graphite black and overall the rifle looks as good if not better than new . Ive done only basic load development with 69gr TMK's to just over 1" at 300yds, I expect there is still room for improvement but will leave that for its new owner.

post-13063-0-01769300-1470244554_thumb.jpg

post-13063-0-42288000-1470244555_thumb.jpg

post-13063-0-46897800-1470244556_thumb.jpg

post-13063-0-32954600-1470244558_thumb.jpg

post-13063-0-77593000-1470244559_thumb.jpg

post-13063-0-22573000-1470244561_thumb.jpg

post-13063-0-82710800-1470244562_thumb.jpg

Big al,,,

how do the beserk stocks compare to standard grs laminate?

Is there much fore end flex?

Im guessing there a lot lighter than laminate and cheaper.

thinking about one on a custom build of my own

P.s. rifle looks nice, love the colour

The Berserk is a £350 rifle stock which offers a lot for the price. Its rigid but by no means a McMillan and it does flex a little if you try hard to make it, that said I the flex is minimal and wont cause any accuracy issues. The original laminate GRS doesn't flex but it costs £200 more and is almost McMillan money.

This rifle shoots really well with the Berserk fitted straight out of the box (other than relieving the barrel channel a little) and for the spec of the rest of the rifle I think its overs great value for money and is more than a good upgrade over factory T3 stocks.

Like the blind threaded protective cap - nice touch

Like the blind threaded protective cap - nice touch

I take no credit for this Ronin, I saw our friend onehole doing it so plagiarised it, it is effective and doesn't take much more than a normal one to make.

I best say nothing more or I will have to send him some royalties ;)

I take no credit for this Ronin, I saw our friend onehole doing it so plagiarised it, it is effective and doesn't much more than a normal one to make.

I best say nothing more or I will have to send him some royalties ;)

your more than welcome to use this so simple really,,,,i sent TET a drawing years ago for a rail and mount system that had many "blind" fixings and could have MOA dope built in,,,,,,no nuts or bolts showing at all only top half of ring and bolts as normal would be visible,,,,dohhhh chose the wrong career path years ago,,,,,,,,Ooo

• 3 months later...

I'm continually drawn to this rifle! Just love the look and finish of this rifle and I'm not into the tactical look at all!

I really fancy a .22BR.

Lovely work AL.

Thanks for the kind words swagger although there isn't really anything I could lay claim to as being very original, the chap who bought it is really pleased with it that thats what matters most.

By coincidence I have a Howa in the workshop now that will be getting an 8 twist Border barrel chambered in 22BR and throated for 77 TMKs early next week, the customer already has it in a GRS Berserk stock, his will be cerakoted in Blue Titanium though with a contrasting black bolt and tactical knob. I also have a really mint 595 action I picked up a while ago that Ive promised myself will become my own 22BR when I get around to it, its a nice accurate caliber.

I managed to handle a berserk stock today. gotta say very very nice!

Got me thinking about 1 for the .284 now, got to sort a .22-250 first though!

I think they represent excellent value for money.

AL, do I remember reading somewhere on here that you had a .20BR?

This is another calibre that's tickling my fancy as I'm considering apply go a 20 in the new year.

How did you get on with it? Opinions, good or bad.

Thanks,

Joe

AL, do I remember reading somewhere on here that you had a .20BR?

This is another calibre that's tickling my fancy as I'm considering apply go a 20 in the new year.

How did you get on with it? Opinions, good or bad.

Thanks,

Joe

20BR is a great caliber swagger in terms of getting the 39/40gr bullets travelling over 4000fps with relative ease with minimal recoil, the 55gr Bergers are also superb for long range accuracy but I found they didn't reliably expand at 600yds but rather drilled straight through. At the time I wanted a long range rabbit gun and so didn't feel the 55gr bullets were ethical, they carried enough energy to kill corvids at those ranges though but I moved it on to a lad who is killing foxes with it under the lamp.

Ive got both 20BR and 20PPC reamers in the workshop and some 20 cal barrels so keep promising myself something a little different again :)

Archived