.284 Spectre

Finished this one today.

This is a .284 Win, built on a Stiller Spectre long action.

IMG_1516_zpsy8h4x8gj.jpg

The barrel is a Sassen , finished at 28". Threaded 18mm x 1 and invisible capped. It also has a 3 port brake and Jet-z to go with it. Paint is Ceracoat Armour black.

IMG_1515_zpstslim1o9.jpg

IMG_1521_zpsmey51ec1.jpg

IMG_1522_zps3iypecva.jpg

IMG_1523_zpsoqbrdat0.jpg

Trigger is a jewel, and it has my long action floor plate fitted. The mags have been tuned and set up to feed the .284 round, something they were not designed to do. [ .300wm AI mags ]

IMG_1519_zpsghgvggj6.jpg

IMG_1517_zpso4jac0sx.jpg

The stock is a McMillan A3-5 and has been painted to mimic a rifle from proof research in the states. theres are obviously dipped, this is done in Duracoat in black, magpul FDE and Tactical flat black, and OD green.

IMG_1518_zpskpadnovq.jpg

Action is fully bedded in stainless steel Devcon, and the floor plate too. Infact, its bedded all the way through. No stress in there.

IMG_1513_zps3xvyju5o.jpg

Enjoyed this one, something a bit different.

Dave,

That looks fantastic.

Really interested in how well this feeds. 284 win is my preferred next calibre and I'd heard that it could be problematic. Does this genuinely feed flawlessly? If I was to go ahead is this something you could show me with a demostrator or arrange a demo with a willing previous customer? Just a thought.

Cheers

Mike

I think this would be one fantastic long-distance crow buster :)

Archived