Internal action wrenches

Morning all.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on "internal action wrenches"?

I am having a new barrel made for a "Paramount actioned" target rifle which I want to use as a switch over barrel from the usual .308 win. I'm aware of the external wrenches to remove the action from the clamped barrel. I have seen on utube a type of steel rod with lugs on one end and works the opposite way to the actual rifle bolt. A socket is then fitted onto the other end of it which projects from the end of the action and is turned by hand with a wrench ( or torque wrench). It seems to work really well and can't mar the action. Having seen how it works, you can actually change a barrel within about 5 minutes & saves having to get to a gunsmith every time.

So, does anyone know if anything like these are available in the u.k. and would fit the Paramount action?

Many thanks

hi i do the action wrenches but will need to check if they fit i dont think they will but ill check when i get home

Blimey Spud. You answered me back even quicker than the missus usually does, but without the abuse!!

If you find what you're talking about works, could you drop me a pm (& maybe a piccy?) Cheers mate!

Failing the above, another source might be HPS-Target Rifle Ltd who've been procuring and selling parts / tools for the Swing / Paramount / RPA series of rifles for many years. (They do a suitable bolt cocking / decocking tool too should you need one.)

Ooh, I like the sound of that Mik. That'll go nicely with the new barrel I've been nagging on to you about (7mm)

Cheers, I'll drop you an email tomorrow

Archived