.22 Hornet moderator

Hi Spready,

I use the Ase Utra CQB on mine. It's rather 'spendy' and a bit heavy but it's very effective and I also use it on the .223

I went for the CQB because the .223 has a 15" barrel and the .22 Hornet is 13" and both produce quite a lot of pressure and heat at the muzzle which was ruining other moderators in very short order.

But if you've already got a moderator suitable, you might as well use that.

Cheers

Clive

Looking to get a moderator for my up and coming .22 hornet purchase, i already have a wildcat evolution moderator , worth using that or going for something else?

I use an evolution on my .22 Hornet perfect with the .22 baffle stack, also have the .243 baffles for my T3.

I have a MAE stainless steel jobbie on mine its a 22mag model , my barrel is 20 inches on me hornet , the 22mag model is rated now to 223 , however if you go very short with your barrel chop , then I woould look at the MAE 223 can , both cans are about 32mm in dia , and the only difference is the 22mag model is 6.5 inches long and the 223 is about 8 inches approx , both nice sizes for a small rifle like the CZ hornet .

Cheers Chris

Archived