Aim 42" Drag Bag (Folding Stock)

Yes, I bought one a few weeks ago for my T3 in GRS Bolthorn stock. I don't think you'd have any problem accommodating your folded AI AE Mk.III as the rear part of the bag has been re-designed to be deeper.

The balance of the bag is also very good. I'm just going out for a bit, but if you'd like some photos to show fit etc. I'd be happy to provide in an hour or two.

BTW the butt holster is fully adjustable and would take a folded stock considerably more bulky than mine.

Very pleased with mine - highly recommended.

888298CC-55E4-432C-901E-B366E1149FE1.jpg

[above] AIM 42 folding stock drag-bag showing internal butt pocket. This is adjustable by means of the wide webbing strap and Fastex fastener from around 9"x4" to considerable smaller. As you can see my GRS Bolthorn chassis fits with plenty of room to spare.

The T3 rifle shown currently has a 20" barrel and thus leaves a lot of room to spare to spare, but I think the case would easily accommodate a 30" barrel.

The case is very robust and extremely well made.

Mick, I've owned maybe six or seven different high-end tactical-type rifle cases/bags over the years from various makers, but none match up to this marvellous product from AIM. IMO the only thing missing are a few MOLLE/PALS loops to add extra things like a cleaning kit pouch, first-aid kit etc.

Besides the excellent protection the case offers, it's other main benefit for me is how well it balances - it makes carrying a fairly heavy rifle very easy.

Would I buy it again - you bet!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.eurooptic.com/accuracy-international-soft-carry-drag-bag-long-dpm-3923.aspx

they even do a short for the folding rifle ...>>>>>>

But that's a US website - they're not keen on exporting, plus that bag is £320 before shipping!!!

It looks exactly the same as an AIM bag to me.

• 3 weeks later...

The bag arrived today, (Aim FS-42) apart from a problem with the carrier and my house name falling off my PayPal account affecting the delivery address. (how the f++k does that happen?) I really like it!

It's much easier to get a rifle in and out thereby saving time, especially on CSR/RBL type matches.

One thing I have noticed is that the main external compartment is slightly smaller than on my 40", the plus side though is that the elasticated bands are wider to take 4x 308 magazines as opposed to 5x .223 magazines on the 40".

Thanks one and all for you're input! :)

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, I know this is an old post, but I’m looking at a the AIM 42 folding stock bag for an AICS chassis. 

They do one for stocks that fold either way, and I really need the 42X (stock folds away from the bolt), but I can get the standard (folds towards/over bolt) on sale. 

Is anyoe using one where the stock folds the wrong way for the case, or doesnt it really matter? Only two potential (but maybe non-) issues I can see are that either the side of the gun away from the folded stock wont lie flat against the back,as in DW58’s photo above,  or that if you put it in with the folded stock upwards, then the scope is facing downwards when carrying with the side carry handles.

Hope that makes sense, and thanks in advance!

Tony. 

16 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

I have one of these on the way and I’m on the fence when it comes to the size I need. 

I don’t think the folded width will come near to the AI rifles. 

1B3B9B87-870F-4D94-B789-F919B165829C.png

When is it due to arrive and what spec did you go for? 

Can’t wait to see, hear more about it when you get hands on. 

Does it have a quick barrel change feature like an AI or just standard. 

This rifle plus the optional Proof carbon barrel is crazy light..... keen to know if it’s too light (recoil, I don’t see a suppressed 6.5CM being an issue)

Archived