Best ear defenders

I use Peltor Sportacs too and find them comfortable and effective at attenuating loud sounds. I suffer from severe tinnitus and partial hearing loss in one ear (shooting without ear protection a decade ago when I left my ear defenders behind and shot the shotgun anyway....have paid the price now). I find that even with hearing protection like the Peltors, my tinnitus rings quite badly following a range day, so now may try doubling up and using some Auratech ear plugs and the Peltors together. When in the field and not having numpties with muzzle brakes booming off beside me at the range, I always use a moderated rifle but still like to use Auratechs to prevent any further hearing degradation.

A couple of months ago, i treated myself to a pair of MSA Sordin Pro-X with gel ear pads. They're not cheap but they are superb.

I still have set of Peltor Tactical 7S's which are now about 25 years old and still working perfectly. Fine for pistol shooting which is what they were bought for. Too bulky for rifle.

Archived