Another Deviant......

Another Deviant from this weeks offerings....

Built for a very good customer from the lakes. He had a 6xc from me a while ago built on a CZ and just loves the calibre. The last one was a real hammer, and this should be too.

This is a Defiance Deviant action, magazine cut for the AICS and AW mags. this one runs AW.

IMG_1441_zps7bpbtuku.jpg

The barrel is a Sassen 1 in 8" twist, helically fluted, and finished at 20". Muzzle thread is 18mm x 1 and invisible capped. Barrel and floor plate done in Ceracoat OD green.

11 degree target crown.

IMG_1444_zpssctly69n.jpg

The stock is a PSE supplied by the customer.

Once i'd altered the floor plate to allow it to feed, the stock was then stripped, and a base of Duracoat OD green applied. Added to that in " Baldiecam " pattern, was Coyote tan, Magpul FDE, Tactical flat black, and woodland green. Over that went 6 coats of matt lacquer.

IMG_1443_zpsxzpsxjx1.jpg

IMG_1446_zps3jymddns.jpg

IMG_1445_zps7tzgtrkr.jpg

The trigger is a Timney calvin elite.

The rifle feeds so smooth;ly from the AW mag, you have to listen for the rounds going in....because you can't feel them on the bolt. Plenty of room in the mag for any 6mm bullet made too.

IMG_1447_zpsinizqndi.jpg

They are tight Al.

Some of the yanks have painted them however. It will need a raceway bush machining to work for blasting and paint.

Not the way I like to do it, and it would be an expensive mistake if it didn't work out. The actions have such a beautiful finish.

Very marmite, spiralling Mark. I reckon 50% I show it to, don't like it. Personally, I do, and it does reduce weight somewhat.

The AR10 is deceptively light, weighs no more than a heavy-ish AR15. That has to be the barrel, because the receivers aren't light.

Nice ?

But I can't make my mind up on barrel flutting think I'll have to see one in the flesh

But still a lovely gun ?

Archived