Loading the 6.5CREEDMOOR whith diferents powders...

BERGEON

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

RS40 es demasiado rápido para quemar 260 Rem y 6.5 Creedmoor que necesitan polvos alrededor de 4350 velocidades de grabación - por lo que los tres 4350s (i / c Lovex SO70), RS60 / 62, IMR-4350/4451; H4350 / 414; Viht N150 / 550/160.

RS40 es la versión de cartucho del propulsor utilizado en el cartucho suizo de 5,6 mm Gewehr Patrone 90, (GP 90), su toma en la pesada más tarde (63gn en forma suiza) bullet 5.56X45mm Nato redondo con el que es intercambiable. Proporcionará velocidades muy altas en .308 Gane con balas de clase 155gn, pero no es tan adecuado para balas más pesadas en el cartucho como RS50 y RS52.

And for a tube 24 "of 6.5 Creedmor, no?

Cienfuegos....no es probable que va a obtener una contesta a preguntas escribido en espanol. Puede traducirlos a ingles?

Well, i have the gun now! Rs62, 139 scenars Lapua palma brass and magnum primers! Now i need to start making some loads and get hold of a chrono!

Will update over the coming months!

Cienfuegos....no es probable que va a obtener una contesta a preguntas escribido en espanol. Puede traducirlos a ingles?

Gracias, pensaba que el Crome lo traduce por mi... igual que hago yo.

Well, i have the gun now! Rs62, 139 scenars Lapua palma brass and magnum primers! Now i need to start making some loads and get hold of a chrono!

Will update over the coming months!

Hi pow1,

I very interesting about your tests with RS62-139 gr Scenar using LAPUA Brass (SR) with velocity!

Because I tested this same components exept the brass, I used Norma Brass (LR) ...

I ask me if the load will be higther or less with using LR or SR for a same velocity???

A+

Laurent.

Hello

I always think (perhaps is not true !) to Long Range Shooting the better results can made with an Heavier bullet (High BC) run with a high velocity for this we necessary to use a slow powder to produce high velocity without max presure.

Well for my 6.5 Creedmoor for a LR load, I look about the HORNADY 147 gr ELD-Match (#26333)…In my RPR's barrel 1:8"

After lookin those tow link :

https://press.hornady.com/assets/site/hornady/files/load-data/6-5-creedmoor-147gr-data.pdf

http://www.wwpowder.com/PDF/Burn%20Rates%20-%202015-2016.pdf

I think I’ll choose the N560 to run this 147 gr!

Is it a good idea , can I have your opinion about my nexts choices and tests ?

A+

Laurent.

PS : Where I find this Hornady 147 gr ELD-Match in UK? ;)

I certainly find N560 good in 260 Rem with 140g Bergers and 30 inch barrel but have not tried anything heavier.

• 3 weeks later...

not yet - I have loaded up the berger 140s hybrids with a 'ladder' of rs62 charges - will do same with Lapua 139s and get them tested at bisley - will post an update when done

Interested to see if you have any results for this test as I'm about to start working with RS62 for the first time with the 139gr Lapua bullet.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else using RS 52 under 130gr bullets in their Creedmoor? I'm having good results with TMK's with both accuracy and velocity.

Hi Charlts. Could you give me some data? I'm about to to go down the Creedmoor route and i'm unsure what powder to go for.

Due to the pathetic supply chain some years back, i moved over to Viht for all my reloading and have not been disappointed. But it doesn't appear much in my Lee 2nd Edition loading manual with regard to the creedmoor..... Yet Viht say N135 is ok for the light 6.5 rounds, as in 100 grain. But there's nothing with regard to the 139 Scenar?? Maybe Viht N140 or N150??

Cheers

Chaz

Hi Charlts. Could you give me some data? I'm about to to go down the Creedmoor route and i'm unsure what powder to go for.

Due to the pathetic supply chain some years back, i moved over to Viht for all my reloading and have not been disappointed. But it doesn't appear much in my Lee 2nd Edition loading manual with regard to the creedmoor..... Yet Viht say N135 is ok for the light 6.5 rounds, as in 100 grain. But there's nothing with regard to the 139 Scenar?? Maybe Viht N140 or N150??

Cheers

Chaz

Chaz, if it's any help, I know a few people loading Vhit for CM homeloads and using 139 Scenars or 123gr pills. They're using N160 for these. Personally, if sticking to Vhit and loading for the lighter 100gr pills, I'd use N140, but would probably look at N160 for bullets up to 140gr. For the 6.5 heavies, N165 may be the better one but I haven't seen any results for that yet.

Chaz, if it's any help, I know a few people loading Vhit for CM homeloads and using 139 Scenars or 123gr pills. They're using N160 for these. Personally, if sticking to Vhit and loading for the lighter 100gr pills, I'd use N140, but would probably look at N160 for bullets up to 140gr. For the 6.5 heavies, N165 may be the better one but I haven't seen any results for that yet.

Cheers VarmLR. Would N165 be a bit slow on the burn rate for 139 Senars?

To be honest i was going to give N135 a go for the 100 grain hunter loads, and go from there??

Cheers

I guess whether N165 would be suitable depends on barrel length. It'd probably be ok for longer barrels of say 30 inches but due to the full (compressed) case with 139/140 bullets to get anywhere near the velocities needed, N160 or even N150 would be better, especially in shorter barrels, between say 22 and 26 inch. N135 burn rate looks ok for the 100gr pills and should work well.

Chaz/VarmLR,

N165 would definitely be too slow, I'm using N160 with Berger 140vld's and with the boattail/bullet shank around 25 thou above the shoulder/neck junction I'm slightly compressed. Velocities are right around 2900fps from a 30" barrel. I also tried N550 and achieved the same speed with 3.5gn less powder, and carried on up by a grain or two but accuracy declined. That was with Lapua cases and CCI 450 primers. My opinion would be that N135 would be too fast, I personally wouldn't use anything faster than N150 even with the lighter bullets but if you already have some, worth a try.

Richard

Chaz/VarmLR,

N165 would definitely be too slow, I'm using N160 with Berger 140vld's and with the boattail/bullet shank around 25 thou above the shoulder/neck junction I'm slightly compressed. Velocities are right around 2900fps from a 30" barrel. I also tried N550 and achieved the same speed with 3.5gn less powder, and carried on up by a grain or two but accuracy declined. That was with Lapua cases and CCI 450 primers. My opinion would be that N135 would be too fast, I personally wouldn't use anything faster than N150 even with the lighter bullets but if you already have some, worth a try.

Richard

Yes, just realised that as Laurie and others have confirmed this on another thread. It would seem that N150 is far better suited to the 140's form shorter barrels. I must get round to buying QL as it would seem invaluable to help take the guesswork out of a lot of load development!

• 3 weeks later...

Here my new components for load test!

147_gr10.jpg

A+

Laurent

Hello,
I test this rounds the saturday 29 september in my RPR at 300 m :
110.jpg
The best reload is this one (OAL = 2.920'', the bullet toutch the lands!) :

210.jpg (The X measure 1.97'')

What do you thinck about this N560 for the 6.5Creedmoor with eavier bullet? ;)
A+

Laurent.

Laurent,

If you mean the dotted line is the X ring, then the group is around 3.5", which would be unacceptable to me at 300m. Maybe you could try different seating depths in 5 thou increments starting at the lands or slightly into them and working back and see what that does to the groups. I would have said that N560 would be far too slow for the 6.5 Creedmoor but you seem to be getting pretty impressive speeds with the 147 grain bullet. I've been using N550 and N160 with Berger 140 VLD's and best accuracy was around 2900fps with both powders, although I'm not happy with the consistency so have also ordered some Hornady 147 ELD to try.

Richard.

• 3 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:19 PM, Leeman said:

Laurent,

If you mean the dotted line is the X ring, then the group is around 3.5", which would be unacceptable to me at 300m. Maybe you could try different seating depths in 5 thou increments starting at the lands or slightly into them and working back and see what that does to the groups. I would have said that N560 would be far too slow for the 6.5 Creedmoor but you seem to be getting pretty impressive speeds with the 147 grain bullet. I've been using N550 and N160 with Berger 140 VLD's and best accuracy was around 2900fps with both powders, although I'm not happy with the consistency so have also ordered some Hornady 147 ELD to try.

Richard.

Hello Richard,

Yes ou are in the right!   The jump in my RPR work better again with my 147 gr ELD-Match -  COAL =2.903'' (In single shot ;))DSCN9981.thumb.JPG.76c373dd7adefde4e4d7c86f54379324.JPG

Here the result with the 147 gr + 47.2 gr  N560 (my best load, but I dont know yet my velocity!!! :

2.jpg.c6e14e0a78821898041170dd0a91c19d.jpg(yes the doting line is the X = 50 mm/1.97'')

(the nine shoot ia annonced with a bad sigth in the target ...:(

Now I will test the RS70 +147 gr with a slow powder  (equivalent N165) ... With 46.3 gr the density load is over- max! (with an Vibrating load with electric toothbrush :wub:)

A+

Laurent.

Laurent,

certainly an improvement with the different seating depth.

I realised the figures on your loading box which I took to be velocity were seating depths,, so it would interesting to find out what speed you were getting with N560.

Richard