Thread protector and ASE SL5 moderator

Supplied with 3 and 5 shot magazine

thumbnail_IMG_4188_zps7sgcmz7w.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4187_zpsfenideay.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4186_zpsfu9oypty.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4184_zpsplbwov9f.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4185_zpsyx3baz8q.jpg

Nice looking rifle. :)

If you could tell me where you got the 5 shot mag from, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers. Paul

GMK

wow that is stunning, so how much would a rifle like this cost to be made and is that a 24" barrel?,great job and finish.

Nice to see some "after delivery" images from the owner

thumbnail_IMG_4217_zpsebyslynp.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4219_zpssgs4zgg6.jpg

The rifle appears to shoot,,,,,,

Upper left hand target is three shots I am told,,,,,(adequate I think),,,,,,, the right hand are zeroing shots for night vision

thumbnail_IMG_4223_zps9ldbsr62.jpg

Doesn't get much better :D

wow that is stunning, so how much would a rifle like this cost to be made and is that a 24" barrel?,great job and finish.

A similar specced Tikka 595 would be in the region of sub 2k

A similar specced Tikka 595 would be in the region of sub 2k

Two things that would really annoy me if I received that rifle after paying that sort of money.

1. The bolt body looks really tatty and could do with a polish.

2. The safety catch hasn't been painted.

I would much rather have these sorted than the action trued which I would be surprised if it improved anything really and neither would cost more than £20. I dont want to appear like Im having a go at you Ronin but I dont understand why would you not do this as standard? You seem like a guy who takes pride in his work. Its a nice looking rifle but those small points would really spoil it for me, please see this as constructive criticism and take it in the spirit it is intended :)

Then again, maybe Im just too fussy :blush:

Surely it depends on what the customers priorities are............................you can spend a kings ransom on bling, but it won't tighten the groups.

If you're going to actually shoot it, as opposed to setting it up on the front room floor from time to time, it WILL get dirty, wet, dented and scratched,

and eventually wear out.............

H/man

Fair comments

Putting things into perspective

Stock - circa 500 / 600

Mod - circa 250

Donor rifle - circa 350 / 450 - guessing

Barrel - circa 350 (its fluted)

The basic componants add up before any coating, machining, proof is added on.

The bolt body - yes it possibly could have been polished - the rifles application is foxing, shiny would be bad,,,,I understand the end user is having it coated with teflon or similar and its something we didnt discuss at the time finishing was considered, plus as a moving / wearable part - cerakote would wear off and it would look pants (in my opinion)

Safety - a part that will wear regardless of what finish is applied, though its something I will consider offering in the future.

Im perfectly happy with how the rifles turned out and shoots, its a killing tool at the end of the day, not a "range or cabinet queen"

nice work Ronan,

nice to see a t3 done to this standard,

running a 595 in the same calibre with a 1:9 24" tube, and it's just the must nuts,

wish I had his glass on mine :)

bob

Hey Guys

It is my rifle as you could possibly guess :-)

OK

Few points have been raised ref bolt scope height etc.

Big Al

Regarding the bolt1 being a S/H action some tarnishing was to be expected & not ideal, but myself & Andy(I think u forgot as it was so long ago lol) talked about fluting & painting when it was commissioned, Due to the paint coatings wear potential & me not being sure if i wanted it fluted or not it was left as is for me to decide (polishing didn't seem like the best move due to reduction in material )

Since receiving the rifle I inquired about other coatings & I will get it done at some point no doubt but not painted & something with inherent lubricating properties (and may yet flute)

OneHole

You haven't seen the state of my neck it wont go down any lower:-P

Nah rifle is for a dedicated Night sight so the Zeiss was bunged on "as is" to get some rnds down the tube & find out what bullet to go for!

surprised no one mentioned the rail is fitted backwards!

Andy

Yeah it was 3 rounds top left but probably luck as I cant shoot for shite generally :-P

but seriously even the shoot/clean groups were not bad & the rifle is going to be lethal once I've got the lighter trigger spring fitted & decided on the go to bullet!

Think I sent you the picture of the first 14nds out of the rifle if you want to post(disclaimer !it was windy/sun was in eyes/trigger was to heavy/cow looked at me funny etc etc)

Cheers Andy

Archived