Kestrel 5700 elite

• 2 months later...

I think there a fantastic piece of kit I use mine both my personal and work rifles and have found it invaluable for elr. Mine is the applied ballistics version and works seamlessly with kestrel companion. You do need to true the unit to get it performing to its optimum such as mv based on true drops and dsf for transonic through subsonic transition. Whether you need it or not is subjective there a lot of money and you can achieve similar results with today's mobile apps if your just informal shooting for a bit of fun. I would also look at the 4500 they can be found for good money now and run the similar software. I had a 4500 for years before the upgrade and it followed me all over the world to some nasty places and it always performed. Overall there very good and have certainly improved my cold bore ratios but if it wasn't for the fact I use it at work I would just use a 3500 and manually input into a ballistic solver software.

https://youtu.be/XqEnuRdtF2w

This is my video on my old 4500 with Applied Ballistics. I now have the 5700 Elite and wow it is just ace, the Bluetooth LiNK is fantastic in many ways. When used correctly it is a fantastic bit of kit, in fact it it awsome. Get one and learn how to use it properly, you won't be disappointed.

Any questions just ask mate.

Steve

https://youtu.be/XqEnuRdtF2w

This is my video on my old 4500 with Applied Ballistics. I now have the 5700 Elite and wow it is just ace, the Bluetooth LiNK is fantastic in many ways. When used correctly it is a fantastic bit of kit, in fact it it awsome. Get one and learn how to use it properly, you won't be disappointed.

Any questions just ask mate.

Steve

How did you get the 4500 to work with Applied Ballistics LiNK ? I didn't think it was compatible ?

Great vid Steve

I ha3ve just purchased the new sportsman with link and look forward to using with the 6 Br and 204 ...

Cheers matey, you will love it

Steve

Great vid Steve

I ha3ve just purchased the new sportsman with link and look forward to using with the 6 Br and 204 ...

Steve

How did you get the 4500 to work with Applied Ballistics LiNK ? I didn't think it was compatible ?

Steve

Hi mate,

The one in the video is not the LiNK app is is the standard Kestrel Companion App.

I now use the App with the LiNK as the old companion app does not work with the LiNK module Kestrels.

Steve

• 3 months later...

I just received one and when I get a day to spare, I'm going to learn it. I had a 4500 AB for the last 3 years and the latest Elite with LINK seems a lot faster to use so far. It's going on a vane mount with an iPhone to display

Archived