I am looking at getting a suitable door built up to the relevant security standards for a gunroom build.

Anyone out there with experience of a decent supplier / installer. I need to either install the door behind the existing or reinforce the existing door to make it match existing furniture. The rest of the build is in place along with the electrical security aspects.

Any suggestions / experiences would be most welcome from those who have done this before. Have searched the forum and there isn't anything out there to start from. Trusted / recommended providers would be preferable for the obvious reasons!

Thank you in advance for any collective wisdom.

I had mine done by a local builder but there was paperwork showing he got the door from Henley's http://henleyssecuritydoors.co.uk Mine was purely for insurance proposes but my FLO has asked why I have cabinets when the door is sufficient.

You could try NDH Firearms in Surrey they built a new gun room at Bisley ask for Dean he knows his stuff .

Thanks Colin

Lathams Steel Doors make special orders, very effective doors

I think that you will be looking for a EN1143-1 standard or higher. As an indication my door (smallish) is about 240kg. There will also be special installation requirements.

Really appreciate the help thank you. I am going to start the phone round this morning but if anyone else has anything to contribute or even things to avoid etc then that would be really great. That you

Archived