Howa Trigger

I have bought a new Howa 308 and need to adjust the trigger as it's a tad strong.. Now I can't remember why but my other Howa ended up with a Timney trigger, but rather than spending more money does anyone know the best was to adjust this unit please? Will I also need to alter the sear? :ph34r:

Thanks Andy

Guest northernchris

Had the pleasure of trying to fit a Jard dropin replacement :rolleyes: I may have had more chance getting it to fit a Sako :D:wacko: The was that much that needed tweeking it ended up getting sent back with the rest of the shipment :P

I have had good reults with the std trigger group with some stoneing and replacement springs but its never going to be a Jewel :huh:

It would be nice if one of the trigger companies made a decent replacement that fits without having to mess with shims and slotted washers (like the Jard)

A bit of polishing with jewlers rouge does improve the standard unit - its the only real gripe I have with the Howa action.

Guest northernchris

Andy the Jard effort was a complete drop in unit, it would have required machineing to get it to fit AND work correctly,it will be intersting to see what the manufactors came back with. :rolleyes:

I tried adjusting, then stripping and polishing the sears on my standard trigger. Still couldnt get on with it. Mine was particularly bad:heavy;unpredictable let off;more creep than Gordon Brown. Replaced it with a Timney unit. Transformed the rifle.

Archived