New AX308 in green - at last!

Shuggy

Well, I have been saving for this for over two years and at last it's mine! I lucked out on this as I was fully expecting to have to wait for another 3 or 4 months for the order. When I phoned Sporting Services, Adam said "You're in luck: we've got one coming in that was a cancelled order. You can have it next week!".

Yes, I know that I could be heading for two full custom rifles for the cost of this one, but sometimes common sense doesn't enter into it. I wavered a bit when I had saved enough for an AT, but I thought 'lets keep going'. No buyers remorse so far and somehow I don't think that there will be. Amd I definitely like the new AI green Cerakote.

Out tomorrow to zero and break in the barrel. Can't wait!

post-11576-0-12751800-1467499827_thumb.jpeg

Possiblyn a clue in the title TJC

Well, I have been saving for this for over two years and at last it's mine! I lucked out on this as I was fully expecting to have to wait for another 3 or 4 months for the order. When I phoned Sporting Services, Adam said "You're in luck: we've got one coming in that was a cancelled order. You can have it next week!".

Yes, I know that I could be heading for two full custom rifles for the cost of this one, but sometimes common sense doesn't enter into it. I wavered a bit when I had saved enough for an AT, but I thought 'lets keep going'. No buyers remorse so far and somehow I don't think that there will be. Amd I definitely like the new AI green Cerakote.

Out tomorrow to zero and break in the barrel. Can't wait!

post-1450-0-94624900-1467537521_thumb.jpeg

Looks great - good call!

The short 0.308 barrel will be used for target shooting out to 600 yards, which is the longest distance my club shoots at routinely. At some point I plan to get a 26 inch barrel in 6.5x47, to take things out to longer ranges.

So I swagged a sight setting at 400 yards and my first shot was a V bull! Definitely a sign of things to come. I followed the AI recommended barrel break in procedure and then it was 'weapons free'. Wow - this thing is a frikkin laser beam!

Moved back to 500 and the wind was getting a little switchy, so the nut behind the butt caused a few inners, but overall this is one amazing rifle.

Archived