1 more sleep........

baldie

Doesn't time drag when you are full of anticipation.....?

The van is packed, just need to add the gat's in the morning.

Tuesday sees the start of the Imperial Civilian Service Rifle week. A record entry I believe , and I just can't wait.

A week of shooting where the man, not the gun, is tested to the limit. Short range, long range, running, kneeling, prone...its all in there, and about 450 rounds of pleasure.... :D

Even bought a giant beer....sorry, COOL box for the occasion.

Any other early birds there tomorrow night, come for a pint with the Diggle idiots in the L + M.

Winner winner...chicken dinner. :P

See you there, Dave- I'm arriving Tues noon.

Mick, sounds like I'll miss you as I leave after match on sat. Is there a McQueens during this week?

See you at RBL either way. Aren't you tempted to stretch your AI's legs at Tiff's Roundhouse Riflechallenge?!

Ben

Come and find us Ben, we are probably going to pitch the northern Pikey city on the Sit Pet lawn, above the Pavillion, and opposite the Army rifle club. Plenty of snap and ale to share. :D

See you there, Dave- I'm arriving Tues noon.

Mick, sounds like I'll miss you as I leave after match on sat. Is there a McQueens during this week?

See you at RBL either way. Aren't you tempted to stretch your AI's legs at Tiff's Roundhouse Riflechallenge?!

Ben

Ben the McQueens is for a period but the week of the 18th July is when I shall be doing it.

I don't have an open ticket so can't do the Roundhouse shoot. :(

I attended the Methuen, my first Bisley competition, and it was great fun. I've got a real taste for PR / CSR type shooting now and looking forward to coming along to a few more shoots.

Drop me a PM with your email and I'll put you on the CSR mailing list

You met me yesterday.....I was on the winning team :lol:

Was that your team who won bradders.ive not recieved an email about it yet but I did ask a member who won there.apparently lpsc a team were ahead until the last stage.

How did you score matt

Of course it was, who else would it be?

11 times winners now

Here's a couple of pics to remind you of the trophy you just lost

13558661_1340115949337609_87960713836986

13528888_10210007405812514_4731514927436

Better luck next time mofos..........NOT!!!!!

Drop me a PM with your email and I'll put you on the CSR mailing list

You met me yesterday.....I was on the winning team :lol:

Ah ha, you!

Well done on a great win. The CSR mailing list would be great so will drop you a PM in a mo.

Was that your team who won bradders.ive not recieved an email about it yet but I did ask a member who won there.apparently lpsc a team were ahead until the last stage.

How did you score matt

We came second overall and I got a score of 221 which I think creditable for a first attempt. I'm OK when shooting prone, even without a rear bag before you start, but my positional shooting is laughable.

We came second overall and I got a score of 221 which I think creditable for a first attempt. I'm OK when shooting prone, even without a rear bag before you start, but my positional shooting is laughable.

Rear bag is poof talk ( not that there's anything wrong with that), but in shooting it's defo Ladyboy...........and there's plenty on here, believe me

Rear bag is poof talk ( not that there's anything wrong with that), but in shooting it's defo Ladyboy...........and there's plenty on here, believe me

Old Swarovski Neil loves some rear bag action, the bigger the better!

;)

What a fantastic week !

I think the competition was probably the fiercest yet. There was little to separate the top performers.

Adi Newberry shot like a Trojan in the Practical rifle match, a clear leader by probably 35 points.

He also managed to hold me off in most of the matches, albeit by just a few in most. Great fun, and great competition with an old mate.

I managed a Gold medal in the Practical class Urban contact with a 190 ex 200...my highest ever score.

Silver in the 200 yards match.

Silver in the Rural contact match

Silver in the Long range aggregate

Silver in the Civilian service rifle Championship

Bronze in the Short range aggregate

Bronze in the Long range rural contact match

I shot with my AX 6.5 Creedmoor and also my Valkyrie AR15 in .223.

As mentioned by John at the prize giving, the CSR week is a gruelling test of Man and Rifle. Honours cannot be bought, gun raced, or reloaded. Its Man V Man, and you have to keep it up for several days.

There is rough with the smooth, and some competitors really did get the short straw on Friday when the heavens opened like stair rods on the same detail....twice. No gazebo,s there !

As per usual, the planning and execution of the week went superbly. A credit to Mark, Peter, John, Fred , Martin, and Nick.

Thank you Gentlemen, for a truly superb week's shooting.

No, it looks like a bunch of guys who got off their arse and went and PROVE what good riflemen they are, not on a keyboard.

What a fantastic week !

I think the competition was probably the fiercest yet. There was little to separate the top performers.

Adi Newberry shot like a Trojan in the Practical rifle match, a clear leader by probably 35 points.

He also managed to hold me off in most of the matches, albeit by just a few in most. Great fun, and great competition with an old mate.

I managed a Gold medal in the Practical class Urban contact with a 190 ex 200...my highest ever score.

Silver in the 200 yards match.

Silver in the Rural contact match

Silver in the Long range aggregate

Silver in the Civilian service rifle Championship

Bronze in the Short range aggregate

Bronze in the Long range rural contact match

I shot with my AX 6.5 Creedmoor and also my Valkyrie AR15 in .223.

As mentioned by John at the prize giving, the CSR week is a gruelling test of Man and Rifle. Honours cannot be bought, gun raced, or reloaded. Its Man V Man, and you have to keep it up for several days.

There is rough with the smooth, and some competitors really did get the short straw on Friday when the heavens opened like stair rods on the same detail....twice. No gazebo,s there !

As per usual, the planning and execution of the week went superbly. A credit to Mark, Peter, John, Fred , Martin, and Nick.

Thank you Gentlemen, for a truly superb week's shooting.

plenty of silverware then dave, good shooting.

No, it looks like a bunch of guys who got off their arse and went and PROVE what good riflemen they are, not on a keyboard.

I was out across the fields doing proper shooting, hunting is what i do best

yes a tidy score matt, there couldnt of been many that bettered that by 10 more points, that was better than my one and only go.no one hit wonder either.

The weather this year was a challenge. I scored 31 fewer points overall and was 4th overall in my class, why, well the two bouts of tropical torrential rain for Detail A at 500 to 300 yards on Saturday did not help but I feel that I had dropped behind well before that but surprisingly not as far as I thought. I shot a .223 all the way through, same rifle in every match, no bipod just sling and magazine rested, however, the .223 even with 77 SMKs cannot compete at long range with a challenging wind against a 6.5 (Berger Hybrid 140 Grain) where a wind shift will move me from the 5 ring to a 2 and the same shift moves the 6.5 from the centre of the 5 ring to the edge of the 5 ring. I won the Short Range Aggregate in Practical Optic but was 46 points behind in the Long Range Aggregate.

Not withstanding my efforts the guy who won overall (1160) was using a .223 (RWS Target Elite Plus 69 grain) and he was ahead of the highest Practical Optic shooter (1144) who had used a combination of .308 at Short Range (100 yards and less) and 6.5 Creedmoor at longer range (200 to 500 yards).

Bottom line is you can buy points up to a point but skill still beats technology.

Weather was bloody awful all week really.tuesday eve after the rain stopped was really windy when I went out stalking.branches were snapping alround.was pretty windy up until Sunday afternoon.conditions were tough for you all.223 bullet needs some steering in that weather.did you shoot a mcqueens this week mick.

Archived