Roundhouse Firearms Training Summer Showcase Weekend 9th/10th July

Tiff

Roundhouse Firearms Training Summer Showcase Weekend

Exhibitors, Zeroing & Development Day - Saturday 9th July

Summer 2016 Roundhouse Rifle Challenge - Sunday 10th July

Exhibitors, Zeroing & Development Day
An opportunity to engage reactive targets from 20 to 1,000+ yards, with instructors at hand to help you succeed. Firing times 09:30 - 17:00, £75 p.p. There will also be several trade exhibitors displaying and demonstrating their products throughout the day, including:

Edgar Brothers/Barton GunWorks
Devon Custom Rifles
FMJ Firearms
Calibre Innovations
Optics Warehouse

C2 Precision

Bruce Hutton

Anyone not shooting is welcome to attend F.O.C. between 09:30 - 12:30 to meet the trade exhibitors, try products and collect items from them. A great way to save on postage, especially Bruce Hutton's excellent (& naturally heavy) AR500 steel targets!

There will also be a BBQ, clay pigeon shooting and indoor .22 shooting in the evening.

Summer 2016 Roundhouse Rifle Challenge
This years Summer RRC will expand on the new safari format; being more diverse, dynamic and challenging than ever before. Individual participants can expect to engage paper and reactive targets out to 1,000 yards; from multiple firings points, often requiring multiple firing positions to complete the stage. The longest continuous safari section will take over 40 minutes to complete and cover nearly a mile!

The day is limited to 16 individual entries - allocated on a first come first served basis. £75 per individual entry (Ltd edition RRC T-Shirt £10).

Briefing 08:15 / Last round no later than 17:30. 100 rounds required - Suggested minimum calibre is 6mm, with 6.5mm and larger recommend (max .30). M.V. limit is 3,150 fps & 3,500 ft/lbs

Everyone will be expected to alternate between shooting and safety supervising stages.

Accommodation
Available on site (basic bunkhouse style) with full kitchen, washrooms etc for £10 per night or camping at £5 per night. Local b&b or hotel accommodation can also be arranged.

Standard Entry Requirements
The rifle you use for the RRC must be your own and ideally also be conditioned for field shooting - i.e for zeroing over ground you have permission on etc. No sharing of personal FAC listed rifles. Please arrive with a zeroed rifle for the RRC on Sunday and you will be expected to know your drops (or have them easily to hand). Conveniently there is the opportunity to check your drops the day before… FMJ and solid monolithic bullets are not permitted due to their increased ricochet potential. HPBT match bullets are ok to use, though frangible A-Max (& similar type) bullets are preferred. You must also have your own valid shooting insurance and not be subject to a 'mentoring condition'. This will all be checked on the day. Permission to zero will be granted on a daily basis, just like paid stalking etc. and the ground is cleared for fullbore by D&C Constabulary.

The RRC is not a competition, just a challenging set of realistic scenarios designed to test your ability to safely & humanely shoot in field conditions. The emphasis is on the shooter to be a safe shot and follow safe shooting practice, being responsible for every shot and every moment handling a firearm.
(N.B. Photo by Philip Rowland)

Summer%20RRC%20Promo%20Pic_zpsberuvpqc.j

Hi Tiff,

Can I book accommodation fri and sat night and shooting both days plus an XL T shirt?

Can't wait!

Ben

Hi Tiff,

On the Saturday development day, is there any opportunity to shoot Scenars at non-steel targets?

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben,

All booked in, I'll send over confirmation/deposit details tomorrow.

No problems using Scenars - I've upgraded all my steels to AR500 and most of the impact areas are sand lined to reduce ricochets and increase splash signature. There have been a lot of improvements since you last visited and several new additions. Also if you have a .22lr, don't forget to bring it for the Saturday night indoor turning target shoot.

Look forward to seeing you,

Tiff

N.B. 7 places remaining for the RRC and plenty of spaces still available for Saturday.

Excellent!

Can't decide on .308 with 5rnd mags or .243 with 10rnd mags! Got some loading to do either way.

.22LR rifle and LBP will be packed.

Any point bringing a shottie for clays?

Any point bringing a shottie for clays?

Yes there will be clays as well Saturday evening (have amended original post).

Also many thanks to forum member 'joshmartin8' of C2 Precision Carbon Barrels for this new RRC addition:

Roof%202_zpstffw8uub.jpg

Impressive roof top simulator!

I've got some loading to do, having just got back from the Imperial CSR.

What is the format of the day for sat? I have a "nearly run-in" .284Win for which I have done no load Dev. Will there be opportunity to sit and shoot strings with Chrono at say 200yds, or is it a group of us moving from one distance to another on a timetable?

Will bring .22LR and LBP plus shottie and a couple of centrefire rifles.

Can't wait!

Would love to come on one of these weekends, unfortunately don't have the right words on my ticket :(

Hello TattooedGun, there is no reason you cannot attend this end, provided your FAC states something along the lines of: “Authorised to zero on land over which the holder has permission to shoot” or "Firearms may be used on ranges subject to appropriate insurance being in place”.

​Should you require any further clarification, please give me a call (07581 325328) as I'm on the hill most of the time getting ready.

Bangbangman Saturday morning will be spent at one firing point with targets from 200 to 1,000 yards. So plenty of time to set up the chrono and do some load development. In the afternoon from 13.00-14.00 (depending on the weather conditions and shooters wishes), we will move up the hill to shoot out to 1,500 yards.

Sundays Summer RRC will be a full day on the hill with targets out to 1,000 yards. I'm designing the CoF now: I'm excited about it and can't even shoot it!

Due to a couple of last minute drop-outs, there are now 4 places available for Sundays RRC :) .

Continental Europe or the USA is the next nearest place to enter this type of shoot... There are apparently plenty of 1/4 moa tactical and hunting rifles on this forum, so here's your chance! Below are a few pictures of this years Spring RRC to entice you to enter.

9T1A7430_zpsf5jxzvjo.jpg

9T1A6706d-2_zpsuqxuvuvx.jpg

best_zpsmhx5vpco.jpg

IMG_3641_zpsgu5vaaid.jpg

9T1A7189_zpsbh9eglon.jpg

9T1A7171_zpsux13ma9e.jpg

9T1A7150_zpszid25iul.jpg

IMG_3325_zpscahndodt.jpg

9T1A6777_zpsyhktb6kq.jpg

IMG_3846_zpsmgikiy3c.jpg

Hello TattooedGun, there is no reason you cannot attend this end, provided your FAC states something along the lines of: “Authorised to zero on land over which the holder has permission to shoot” or "Firearms may be used on ranges subject to appropriate insurance being in place”.

​Should you require any further clarification, please give me a call (07581 325328) as I'm on the hill most of the time getting ready.

only just seen this. Mine states something similar in wording but to the same effect of the latter.

Didn't realise I could shoot over the land in such situation.

Just need BASC for insurance (or similar)?

The Sunday "challenge" was fantastic! Tough but rewarding.

I hope I can get back there soon.

Thanks Tiff, sentries, ROs and trade exhibitors for letting us blatt away with the .338LM

Archived