foxpro spitfire mod

rsc1960

HI Lads

I have in the last sew days made a mod for my FoxPro spitfire.

I hope to have some more to report when I get out to try it in the field.

what I found was the range of the unit I have was not as good as my old one so I have been tinkering to see if I can get it out past 120 yards, I will take some pictures and report back if it works, but as we are seeing more fox activities now the birds are down then I may be a wee while,

update to follow soonest

regards

bob.

I've added an aerial to mine, like you I've yet to try it out

just done the same.

getting out to well over 150 yards on a makeshift job,

just can't find a more compact folding antenna but when I do I'll get some more tests done,

Bob.

I don't have the fox pro, i have the U caller remote. I could only get out around 80 yards before the comms stopped working. Bought an antenna from eBay for around £6 , opened it up and soldered in a BNC connector for the antenna, closed it back up and can reach out to 750 yards. Had to stop at that point cos it was getting very difficult to hear if it was still going, when I've got a second man with me ill test it out to its max. My land has got 1500 yards from end to end and if it stills works at that then ill never know how far it will reach hahaha

Craig

I don't have the fox pro, i have the U caller remote. I could only get out around 80 yards before the comms stopped working. Bought an antenna from eBay for around £6 , opened it up and soldered in a BNC connector for the antenna, closed it back up and can reach out to 750 yards. Had to stop at that point cos it was getting very difficult to hear if it was still going, when I've got a second man with me ill test it out to its max. My land has got 1500 yards from end to end and if it stills works at that then ill never know how far it will reach hahaha

Craig

hi Craig

I posted a load of pictures and notes how to do this over 2 years ago, and like you I was using a par 4 hole on my local golf course and after that distance I could not hear it, the only reason I moved on was the amount of calls, so the spitfire was my next step, then on to the wildfire, I struggle to read the display in the wildfire so sold it and kept my spitfire and done the mod, I just need to find a good source of the antennas as the one I used was an old one from a radio in the garage,

Bob.

In that case i think it might have been your post a couple years ago that i followed !!!

May have been Craig,

I hope it continues to work well for you.

best regards

bob

I can't find a folding stubby rubber antenna on the market place so will post photos as soon as I can get this done, so far have got out to 230 yards but the old stainless radio antenna is to long and cumbersome on the spitfire.

bob

I can't find a folding stubby rubber antenna on the market place so will post photos as soon as I can get this done, so far have got out to 230 yards but the old stainless radio antenna is to long and cumbersome on the spitfire.

bob

Worth a look in here Bob.......

http://www.mouser.co.uk

I upgraded the stubby handset aerial on my FX32 Foxpro to the same as on the caller to get better range....it was a straight swap despite being the bracket being slightly offset by a mm. Came in from the US branch of Mouser and I wish I'd bought 2 as a Fallow quietly chewed to top of the aerial on the caller for me one night and it would have made the postage better value. I did post on it on a forum somewhere...possibly in here or on the NV forum.... off the top of my head the aerial was a 518 or 519 hz? And Mouser were the only supplier I found.

Cheers

Fizz

:ph34r:

cheers fiz

I'll have a look bud, I have found some but they need a bnc socket fitted so they the antenna can be removed but it makes for a lot of work for what should be an easy job,

Bob.

Worth a look in here Bob.......

http://www.mouser.co.uk

I upgraded the stubby handset aerial on my FX32 Foxpro to the same as on the caller to get better range....it was a straight swap despite being the bracket being slightly offset by a mm. Came in from the US branch of Mouser and I wish I'd bought 2 as a Fallow quietly chewed to top of the aerial on the caller for me one night and it would have made the postage better value. I did post on it on a forum somewhere...possibly in here or on the NV forum.... off the top of my head the aerial was a 518 or 519 hz? And Mouser were the only supplier I found.

Cheers

Fizz

Found it on the NV forum Bob......complete with input from your good self!

http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12195&p=106215&hilit=foxpro#p106215

If you do place an order with Mouser can I another of the long one's to it? That would be cracking and mean I can replace the chewed one on the caller!! :)

Cheers

Fizz

cheers fiz

on the case when have time,,just doing some things that need doing before the operation table next month so this may have to be put on the back burner until I get things sorted,

thank you

Bob.

• 7 months later...

HI Lads

I have in the last sew days made a mod for my FoxPro spitfire.

I hope to have some more to report when I get out to try it in the field.

what I found was the range of the unit I have was not as good as my old one so I have been tinkering to see if I can get it out past 120 yards, I will take some pictures and report back if it works, but as we are seeing more fox activities now the birds are down then I may be a wee while,

update to follow soonest

I have the FoxPro spitfire but to be honest I cant get no distance at all.so bought the FoxPro fury 2 but would like to mod my spitfire like you guys have,so any help would be appreciated.

regards

bob.

Archived