Forster bushing/bump die

Si-Snipe

I've just binned two Forster full length sizers on their first use....... the neck section was too tight, resulting in a crushed/jammed case that bent the central threaded part..

The Redding type "S" is a much better bet than the Forster. You have the option of button, or bush, or even both.

H/man

I have a few sets in use and have never experienced any issues, I neck sized and set back the shoulders of 100 6,5x47 cases just last week, they look good and indicated run-out at one third back on the ogive is .002" worst case which works for me.

Thanks guys.

Davy - is it possible to set those shoulder back quite a bit if required? My Forster FL die can't size my cases enough and they are mega tight in the chamber now. I'm running a ''match' chamber that's seriously tight.

Thats interesting Davy. I,ve just full length sized 600 creedmoor cases and loaded them up.

Out of idle curiosity, I pulled down my bullet runout gauge from off the top shelf.

I tested 10 random rounds, and not one of them exhibited more than 0.0005" runout. I was astounded.

The die ? A Redding full length sizer with neck bush.

Guys I'd like some feedback on the Forster bushing shoulder bump die please?

Thanks

Si

Hi I rate the neck bushing bump die very much. I have two in 22.250 & 6.5x47 & both dies are very consistent in its bump on headspace neck bushing is good like it lots. I also have the ultra set with micromiter seater & bench rest FL die in both calibres. How ever the 6.5x47 FL die has been nothing but trouble with a stuck case on second case. I removed case & contacted Forster to which I returned the die. Forster admitted that it had not been finished correct & returned to me. I got hit again for custom with a hassle to try get my money back but to me the die still ain't right. I lost faith in the bench rest FL die in 6.5x47 but the mic seater & bushing bump die are great. My 22.250 bench rest FL die is great no problems but it would appear on this site alone that the Forster BR FL die in 6.5x47 has serious quality problems. I am now looking at a redding type-s FL die now hope this helps.

Hi I rate the neck bushing bump die very much. I have two in 22.250 & 6.5x47 & both dies are very consistent in its bump on headspace neck bushing is good like it lots. I also have the ultra set with micromiter seater & bench rest FL die in both calibres. How ever the 6.5x47 FL die has been nothing but trouble with a stuck case on second case. I removed case & contacted Forster to which I returned the die. Forster admitted that it had not been finished correct & returned to me. I got hit again for custom with a hassle to try get my money back but to me the die still ain't right. I lost faith in the bench rest FL die in 6.5x47 but the mic seater & bushing bump die are great. My 22.250 bench rest FL die is great no problems but it would appear on this site alone that the Forster BR FL die in 6.5x47 has serious quality problems. I am now looking at a redding type-s FL die now hope this helps.

The above helps greatly.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I've just ordered one.

Archived