Annie Art or Tart

onehole

Thanks for comments guys,,,,done a few tarts now and they all fit and function extremely well and are a joy to shoot,,,,,cant even look at a rifle in the gunshop anymore without thinking how it could be altered in some way!!!

post-41-0-08857200-1466334524_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-62930000-1466334559_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-12031100-1466334593_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-69313500-1466334631_thumb.jpg

Hmm - the 455 has given me an idea. I've already cut away half of the top part of the thumbhole - I'm sure there's a proper name for it, but if there is I plead ignorance - to give me a better 'thumb up' position, but yours looks better! ;)

Great work on all of them, although I'm not sure about the Annie .... ?! :lol:

Hmm - the 455 has given me an idea. I've already cut away half of the top part of the thumbhole - I'm sure there's a proper name for it, but if there is I plead ignorance - to give me a better 'thumb up' position, but yours looks better! ;)

Great work on all of them, although I'm not sure about the Annie .... ?! :lol:

Thumb Churl,,,,I think that's the proper description,,looking to buy another CZ455 VTH but in 22 RF and will hopefully make a more pronounced "churl" with a more guided and slotted thumbhole positioning

• 1 month later...

Here's a couple of mine..........................I did the Match 54 (with a hammer, chisel, and a ton of Devcon), the 1413 was done by a pro, (and it shows !!).

Both stocks are really nice proper walnut, just rubbed with wire wool, and oiled with ordinary culinary walnut oil.

The Match 54 is a Musgrave single-shot, 30" 1:8 twist Walther, and the 1413 is a CG/RPA 2000, 24" 1:8 twist Border. Both 6BR, and stupidly accurate.

post-11477-0-70370800-1470299213_thumb.jpg

post-11477-0-62376300-1470299184_thumb.jpg

These old Annie stocks are so comfortable to use.

H/man

We're did you bye the carbon fibre Annie stock from?

The black stock is not carbon Munkjack,,,it was an old target stock past its best I reshaped the pistol grip ,,,dropped the butt down about an inch,,,done all sorts of wizardry to the comb then tons of time and filler to arrive at a solid shape that fitted me on the bench perfectly,,,got a pro to paint it and tons of lacguer,,,,O

A I see I thought they were all Annie's !!

I've got an Annie 1730 in.22 hornet with the 54 action I bought it as a donna!!

As the stock has been badly molested I like the idea of keeping it a light Wight carry gun

And am looking for a stock like your carbon one??

A I see I thought they were all Annie's !!

I've got an Annie 1730 in.22 hornet with the 54 action I bought it as a donna!!

As the stock has been badly molested I like the idea of keeping it a light Wight carry gun

And am looking for a stock like your carbon one??

No not all annies in the group of four pics,,,,,first one is a 455 CZ modded thumbhole and comb in 17hmr,,,,carbon dipped one is a Sako 75 in 22PPC ,,,modded pistol grip and comb,,,,last two are annies 22RF,s,,,,,O

Archived