Anti cant device

thekeeper

Which ever kind you get, make sure that you can actually see the bubble while looking through the reticle. I've seen a few that have them in the base and you just can't see it while in shooting position. The best I've seen was a Haako 8X for a Poseidon .22 sniper rifle that had a level inside the scope. Excellent.~Andrew

I use blue tack to stick a level bubble to the bottom of the front scope mount, so that it is in contact with the rail so you know what you are levelling. Recoil just beds it harder into the tack,it is out of the way under the scope, I have never knocked it off. You can see it with your left eye from the shooting position.

It works for me, and you can't beat the price!

Have several different types prefer the US Optics folding version. ring types that are fixed, centered above scope tube can't be seen from behind the rifle. Offset ring types can sometimes be in the way when adjusting turrets. I prefer rail mounted directly under the turret.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen that these things do make a difference especially once you get out to 300 yards plus, but if most of your shots are under that then its just another gadget to add weight to the fire pole.

A

I use this folding level from US Optics with my Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 ... ... ...

B025319C-9531-489F-8E5F-D25834CB6322.jpg

E2C70308-2B25-4FFE-90E2-A51859977F6F.jpg

Good results - very east to use.

In the case of my rifle shown above ... ... ... the level is mounted onto the picatinny rail and thus level with it. Scope mounts are also mounted to rail and thus level assuming they are machined true. Scope is levelled to rail as well with spirit level thus all three are parallel ... ... ...

... ... ... in theory.

For a 30 MM Nightforce the Holland bubble cannot be bettered IMHO

If it's 34mm then flatline ops are brilliant - have one up for sale since going back to 30mm

how much would you want for the sale of your flatline cheers

Archived