Sighting your triple deuce

What range do you sight your deuce at? And do you have it say 1.5" or so high at your chosen distance? The reason Im asking is that I have a variation in at the mo for a treble which Im going to use for varmints. Now I realise that scoping a rifle in at a certain distance then lets say shooting over the distance will need scope adjustment. Ive ran a "false load" through a ballistic calculator and this may not be 100% accurate but its given me some idea of whats entailed to be able to push the little bullet out the distance e.g. drop, windage adjustment etc.

I dialed in 52grn bullet, 2850 fps, and scoped the rifle in at 1.5" high at 150 this was giving me the flatest bullet out to aorund 250yds.

I know this is pie in the sky at the mo as 1st Ill need to get a load my rifle likes then the work comes in, cronoing etc. But it would be good to have an idea!!

Yip mate! I got a real good buy mate!! Tikka 590 fired less than 20 rounds £250 plus my 308 which I payed £40!! And its absolute mint! Ive had my eye on it for a while, my good fortune that the shop doesnt do a roaring rifle trade and Ive been a good cust for them!!! And its Roe legal up here mate.

Guest rogern
Yip mate! I got a real good buy mate!! Tikka 590 fired less than 20 rounds £250 plus my 308 which I payed £40!! And its absolute mint! Ive had my eye on it for a while, my good fortune that the shop doesnt do a roaring rifle trade and Ive been a good cust for them!!! And its Roe legal up here mate.

Cracking deal nutty, hope it shoots well for you. Let us know

Regards

Archived