Sako trg 22

Very good; I have the 26" barrelled version, in the (least expensive) blued/black stock. I know two others that have the same. No complaints at all.

Whether it's any more accurate that a Tikka varmint is debatable however . . . If you are interested in F-class only you could probably get something custom made for the same price (Dolphin do a package for about the same price)

Love mine though and would never part with it . . . except for maybe an AI AXMC if I had the exorbitant amount of cash required.:)

Ive had 3! two 22's and a 42, all shot great, black ,green,desert they all shoot the same ^_^

I paid 1800 new for a Green one in 06 , they've been around awhile now, so there's a few about!

The 308's last forever, and a mate of mine who's had a 42 for years which has over 5000's 338's through it ,and while its not as accurate as it used to be still shoots well,

Never owned one, but soon will. Opted for the 6.5mm bullet of the .260 Remington over the .308. For me the .260 is a natural progression from .223 & .204. Wasn't swayed to get the .308 even though available in stock at a couple of RFD's.

Opted for the 6.5mm bullet of the .260 Remington over the .308.

You can get a factory trg22 in .260? Might be interest in getting one myself if so. Can I ask what the lead time was please?

You can get a factory trg22 in .260? Might be interest in getting one myself if so. Can I ask what the lead time was please?

Upto 6 months, which is their usual manufacturing / stated periods. 26" barrel 18x1 threaded barrel with the fixed stocks. http://www.sako.fi/rifles/sako-trg/trg-22

Unless you can find a .308 in stock in the finish you want, that'll be a 6 month wait too. Happy to wait for this as I have for both my Supervarmint's, rather than choosing something simply because I was impatient.

Bought the brass already and target bullets off the forums, just waiting for the dies and rifle.

I doubt you'll find a past or current owner of a TRG who has a bad word to say about them.

I'm an ex TRG owner and mine was a joy to shoot. It was, and still is, superbly accurate, amazing trigger and just has a really good 'feel' about it.

The guy who bought it shot a string of Vs at 600 yards at Kingsbury on day one. I shoot with him regularly and he loves it.

I parted with it because I aquired an AW and couldn't really justify keeping both. At least I get to shoot against regularly.

I've had mine 5years or so, never missed a beat 3000+ rounds. Will shoot pretty much anything I ask it to. 208gr amax for 1100yards 165gr Sierra for 600yard or less. Any factory/surplus ammo shots 1moa or better, reloads 1/4moa is possible but 1/2moa is more normal. I tried to "upgrade" to a 6.5x47 new rifle and honestly shouldn't of bothered,the trg keeps with the 6.5 most of the time! Mine is regularly used as a starter rifle for new club members who then believe 5's V's are normal. Well worth the cash.

I had a trg22 in 308 win a few years back. Love the trigger , the action and bolt and throw was as good as it got. A bit of a beast to take stalking, but got a few none the less. Really performed with lapua 167 gr one hole groups on a regular basis.

Wish I could have held it , traded it against a blaser R93 professional with match barrel again in 308 . Local range went belly up so having a dedicated target rifle in the press was ridiculous.

My only criticism was that felt recoil for a 308 win seemed a bit excessive for such a heavy rifle ,I did hear someone else complain about the same problem in their 300 win mag. Overall I just find the blaser a smoother rifle to shoot, despite being significantly lighter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Still a long wait, but should be in the Sako mid November shipment arriving at my RFD for the end of November. Fingers crossed.

Had a cracking day down the range shooting my .223 out to 300 yards with the groups at 300 yards matching some others at 100 yards! That's reloading for you.

Archived