New wildcat evolution

I've got mixed feelings of my new evolution moderator.

The sound reduction is great,probably the best I've heard so I'm really happy with that.

The only downside is that I've used it twice and already there is pitting on the stainless baffle, it doesn't look like it will last.

Anyone else experience this?

• 2 weeks later...

good afternoon,i have two of these moderators one 243 and one 6.5 no problems at all,contact Allison at custom rifles maker of the evolution moderator and she will sort out any problems for you

I've put about 500 fairly hot .223s through mine and the initial pitting I got from the first 50 odd rounds hasn't increased at all.

Plus that name is massively thick, you'd really have to shout a lot to wear that down.

Also, as pointed out, the service on any issues is legendarily good.

• 1 month later...

Looking into the loads and I seem to be getting unburnt powder from my loads through the 22" barrel so would be getting quite a muzzle blast.

So looking for a new load for the 22.250.

An absolute cracking moderator though, loving it more and more.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Had mine since it first arrived on the market..

No problems here with the Evolution mod. Stripped & cleaned after approx 20 zeoring rounds. Took to range again following week to test zero. POI was still bang-on following previous week strip & clean. Done this procedure half a dozen times or so and no pits - top notch mod for £200 (using on.223cal and.243cal with different diffuser, bridge section & bush)

Can be a bit tedious and time consuming to clean....but well worth the effort, considering how light and pointable the mod is and, its effectiveness in reducing the decibels - excellent value

ATB

If my Mrs opened the dishwasher and seen baffles and a diffuser etc....she'd think the dishwasher is falling apart ..and promptly make me wash the dishes! :mad:

Hell, on first sight she thought I was trying to hide gold bullion when she encountered brass cases in the oven!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived