forster fl sizer problem

Swarovski1

Hi andrew

the case neck were put through the die just to round up the buckled necks, no need for lube really,got over the damage, it only got worse when i ran them through the replacement die, the 6.5x47 die had a 7mm expander ball innit.i didnt find that out until I went to make some load development loads, the 140gr amax dropped strait into the case . its been a right palava.

Hi andrew

the case neck were put through the die just to round up the buckled necks, no need for lube really,got over the damage, it only got worse when i ran them through the replacement die, the 6.5x47 die had a 7mm expander ball innit.i didnt find that out until I went to make some load development loads,, the 140gr amax dropped strait into the case . its been a right palava.all 200 had been expanded to 7mm, new dies heading my way so ive been told by the man at forster.

So you didn't read the manufacturers instructions that says lightly lubricate the neck, shoulder and body of the case? Outstanding.

Have you read them since? Might be worth a try...

Then if you are still in doubt, stop, think and if that doesn't work talk to someone with more experience and more importantly, listen to what they tell you.

AND please, don't come on the forum whining about some people being unhelpful. You have recieved good advise from many very experienced reloaders, the onus is on you to take instruction and learn from it.

So you didn't read the manufacturers instructions that says lightly lubricate the neck, shoulder and body of the case? Outstanding.not sure you read my posts properly.

Have you read them since? Might be worth a try...

Then if you are still in doubt, stop, think and if that doesn't work talk to someone with more experience and more importantly, listen to what they tell you.

AND please, don't come on the forum whining about some people being unhelpful. You have recieved good advise from many very experienced reloaders, the onus is on you to take instruction and learn from it.

you cannot be reading my posts properly or I write them in a way you don't understand them.i ran the necks through the die not caming over the shell holder as I am not full length sizing them just uniform the buckled ones and the faulty die scratched them all.when I got the second die.i lubed every other case after neck turning them and the replacement die somehow had a 7mm expander ball in it that really buggered them up.to be honest all you have done is critisised me and basically insulted me everytime you commented.not sure i deservered that.seems it not just me that has dies that's scratched the cases.ive never lubed the inside of the necks before just to reshape the necks.when I fl size I lube the inside of the neck and the body and wipe off the outer neck before I run then through the die because this can leave dents in the shoulder.i will be getting a expander die and mandrels now I know about them.ive ran 1000's and 1000's of cases through the die to take the dents out of the necks and never had a problem until I get 2 consecutive faulty die's. What's the chance of that grrrrrr

I was out Tuesday evening.saw a rabbit quite a way out.ranged it and it was 618yds to the hedge 630yds to the rabbit.cold bore i dialed in.took aim and let the shot go.rifle jumped a little.pointed the rifle back to where the rabbit was and it was belly up

.that says alot to me about my ammo.

Lubrication, the difference between oooh and AAAAAGH

One shot at long range means diddly squat. Put another four or five within 1/2 moa or less at the same range and i'll be the first to admit your rounds are accurate.

I also hit the next one that showed in the same place, no more showed not that I would of shots again, was waiting for a buck or a fox to show, it was the first time Ive taken a shot that far, usually stay around 500yds as after that it gets harder from there out,ive had several 500yd crows, usually only get one chance.

I also hit the next one that showed in the same place, no more showed not that I would of shots again, was waiting for a buck or a fox to show, it was the first time Ive taken a shot that far, usually stay around 500yds as after that it gets harder from there out,ive had several 500yd crows, usually only get one chance.

How did you cook it?

H/man

it was fox sushi

I also hit the next one that showed in the same place, no more showed not that I would of shots again, was waiting for a buck or a fox to show, it was the first time Ive taken a shot that far, usually stay around 500yds as after that it gets harder from there out,ive had several 500yd crows, usually only get one chance. it was fox sushi

What a waste just killing to prove a point. If you want to prove your ammo shoot some paper in stead!!!

One lucky shot proves jam doughnut all sorry

So it was the first time you've shot that far and you chose to shoot at a living creature? Was that a responsible shot to take? Maybe confirmation of elevation/windage on an inanimate target first would be more ethical? Vermin are still a living creature and as such deserve a clean and human despatch.

Because it was the first time ive shot at a rabbit that far away,conditions usually dictates my shooting, I thought you may have known a bit of history on me as I post regulary with a variety of topics, I am a member of the london practical shooting club, we shoot gallery and out to 1000yds at bisley and surrounding ranges,mainly snap shoiting and csr type shooting, I am a member of 50 cal club and furthest ive shot is 1800yds,really enjoy that, had an fac for 16 years, Ive shot alot of deer, foxes etc, hunting is my main thing,if I had to choose between hunting and target shooting I would be hunting every time.

Archived