22 Rimfire Ammo

icdeer

For bunny bashing I use a 22 Rimfire and I’ve always used the same 22LR Winchester subsonic round with a 40gr hollow point head.

I recently tried to buy some more ammo again and was told the 40gr head has now been replaced with a 42gr head.

Further investigation revealed that the 40gr version is still available from some places.

The question is…

Does anyone know if the 40gr version is being phased out completely and being replaced with the 42gr?

or

Is the 42gr version just an addition to the range?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been occupied with other things for a few weeks..... but have now called BWM Arms.

They confirmed production of the 40gr version ceased 12-18 months ago. This has now been superseded by the 42gr.

Thanks for your suggestion David.

I'm using the 42g Wins and they group very well on paper and kill better on rabits in my Sako Fin Fire Mk1.

This rifle has always shot well with Eley Cci and Winchester so perhaps not the best of posts.

I'm using the 42g Wins and they group very well on paper and kill better on rabits in my Sako Fin Fire Mk1.

This rifle has always shot well with Eley Cci and Winchester so perhaps not the best of posts.

I have the original Finnfire and I can't chamber CCI as the case is too long for the chamber without impinging on the bullet.

Winchesters are OK though.

Archived