Ruger Precision Rifle Updated

John MH

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching a series of videos on YouTube about the ROR in 6.5 where they were saying it definitely needs a brake or a mod.

I am just deciding what to buy. A stock and barreled action or an ROR in 6.5.

Ian

Based on my own personal experience (limited at the moment since its quite new), I would have no hesitation in recommending the Ruger PR, in fact; subject to a variation I may eventually purchase a Ruger PR in .308. The only issue with the PR in .308 for me was the 20" barrel.

In 70 degree weather I get 2740 fps with my RPR using a mid level charge of IMR 4064 in military brass using a 168 grain bullet. A twenty inch tube doesn't hurt it any, trust me. ~Andrew

In the Ruger (6.5CM) I am using Lapua cases, 140gr Hornady Amax and 43 gn Superformance powder (need to buy a chronograph), I am most impressed with this combination (at the moment). In the AI AT (.308) I have used Lapua cases, 185gr Berger and 41gn IMR 4895 (also recently made a batch of 39.2gn for testing based on mid point in the book for 180-190gr bullets - not tested these yet). Subject to a variation (you will know what I mean if you understand the UK firearms legislation), I may eventually purchase a Ruger PR in .308. The Ruger will probably end up like my 10/22 and become modified.

Lets see a picture of your Ruger PR :)

Using factory ammunition in the AI AT (26" barrel), Sellier & Bellot (147grs FMJ) = between 2767 - 2776 fps and using FIOCCHI (150GRD. FMJ) - 2723 fps.

Seems like there are some posts deleted from this thread. Anyone care to explain why??

Mike

I have had that problem previously, but it was the whole thread not the post.

I started a thread named "Show your Accuracy International" - people posted pictures (as you may have guessed I have an interest in AI's), then the thread disappeared! Also a similar problem with my "Show your Rimfire" thread!

Just a quick question......

Has anybody else had a problem with the RPR 6.5 Creedmoor not being able to accept the AICS magazines?

Mine shoots like a dream with the Magpul magazines supplied with it, but it just will not accept any of the AICS magazines I have tried. And as far as I'm aware, these should fit!!!

Any ideas as to why this might be?

Cheers. Paul

The posts were there and viewable yesterday evening...strange

Yes and funnily enough they are all the posts relating to the cost comparison between the RPR and AIAT.

Trumpy had them deleted under the new America Trumps All act....

Yes and funnily enough they are all the posts relating to the cost comparison between the RPR and AIAT.

Trumpy had them deleted under the new America Trumps All act....

Yes, my post were I advised the cost of my AI compared to the Ruger PR and mods done, advised, needed and proposed has been deleted - why?

Yes, my post were I advised the cost of my AI compared to the Ruger PR and mods done, advised, needed and proposed has been deleted - why?

The moderating team are struggling to understand what's happening here. None of us are deleting them. Tracking the various board activity logs, could you identify roughly when you posted, and when you think it disappeared.

The moderating team are struggling to understand what's happening here. None of us are deleting them. Tracking the various board activity logs, could you identify roughly when you posted, and when you think it disappeared.

BD , my posts were made on the evening of 7th Nov, they contained some load data and a pic of a target. They had gone the following morning.

Mike

BD , my posts were made on the evening of 7th Nov, they contained some load data and a pic of a target. They had gone the following morning.

Mike

Just checked every admin and moderator log - no changes at all on either 7 or 8 Nov. A mystery.

Just checked every admin and moderator log - no changes at all on either 7 or 8 Nov. A mystery.

Happens all the time, especially to me

With the amount of deleting that goes on here, I sometimes wonder if Hillary Clinton has moderator access

There was a post in this thread yesterday saying how rude it was to delete peoples posts without explanation.....and that disappeared too

Are you coming over for the 600 yd BR on Sunday Pengo?

Hi Vince,

Unfortunately I'll not be able to make it on Sunday, but have put the 4th December in my diary to come across.

Might have to try my 6BR this time.

Looking forward to my next visit, as it seems like an age since I last had a rifle in my hands....

Cheers. Paul

Just before this post - Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:52 AM

Archived