Ruger Precision Rifle Updated

John MH

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they've Braddersed it. Nicer handguard and muzzle brake. It still needs a longer handguard IMHO.

Yep, I was there first

I assume the handguard change is more due to supply issues from Samson than anything else

Talk about killing the golden goose.

The MK 1 is already defunct, and production switching to the MK2....and the MK1 has only just landed in the UK.

Good luck to all those dealers who are sat on stock here.

As me Fatha would say...."there's a difference between farting....and Riving thi arse lad "

The way I would see it is the Mark 1, which will still be in production, is the standard (base) model and the Mark 2 is the GT version available at a premium cost.

The plan from what i read is for the mk1 to remain until parts supply runs out only.

Talk about killing the golden goose.

The MK 1 is already defunct, and production switching to the MK2....and the MK1 has only just landed in the UK.

Good luck to all those dealers who are sat on stock here.

As me Fatha would say...."there's a difference between farting....and Riving thi arse lad "

Dealers will be cutting new prices next...or offering special editions?

The plan from what i read is for the mk1 to remain until parts supply runs out only.

That's interesting, does that mean that they are going to stop making the .243 version because looking at their web site this calibre is not available in the new 'enhanced' configuration.

That's interesting, does that mean that they are going to stop making the .243 version because looking at their web site this calibre is not available in the new 'enhanced' configuration.

Yes i spotted that too.....good question.

I have some of the original "Classic" models in stock in .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor, these are highly desirable and collectible and the prices will soon sky rocket......so don't delay, get yours now :lol:

This thread has become most entertaining.

I'm going to wait till next month for the Mk3 (gold leaf and scrimshaw detailing in 17HMR)

Mk2 and still ugly as poop....

If I understand the article correctly all you are getting extra is a new aluminium bolt shroud, muzzle break and hand guard. Hardly an upgrade as all these could be changed for aftermarket bits at anytime I don't think people with the MK1 are losing out.

Let's be honest - the rifle has been an enormous sales success in the USA and Ruger are probably now realising that they under-priced it so, bring out a Mk2 upgrade and stick $200 on the price! Simples.......

Am I the only one thinking they missed out the opportunity for those on the fence looking for longer factory barrels out of these.

.308 in 26" would see me buying one (an RPR, not just necessarily a mk1/2) as it stands, the .308 version seems nerfed, and although I reload, I'd prefer to stick with .308 a bit longer than move to this years wonder-calibre...

If I understand the article correctly all you are getting extra is a new aluminium bolt shroud, muzzle break and hand guard. Hardly an upgrade as all these could be changed for aftermarket bits at anytime I don't think people with the MK1 are losing out.

That's my opinion. I installed the brake I wanted on my RPR and ditched that butt stock. The handguard is a non issue for me but it is easily replaceable. ~Andrew

I had a play with one of the 'soon to be rare' versions in .308 early this week and I was seriously underwhelmed. It did not shake my rocks one bit. Apart from the fiddley butt adjustments, the barrel seemed too slender for my liking and gave the impression of lack of robustness. There again, it is only £1400.

I realise I'm probably in the minority as I've read several good reviews about this rifle. I'm just glad I didn't order one.

As for the price hike, it's only an increase £132 by today's exchange rate so it's no great shakes in reality.

good afternoon brillo,these old style rifle can be bought for less than .£1200 at decent gun shops and even with the price increase some dealers will sell the new mk2 at less than £1375 so just choose your rfd with care.. there will be the usual robbers offering the old mk1 at £1400 then for the mk2 probably £1500 plus don't forget a few rfd just change the $ sign for the £ sign more profit that way.... personally these rifles are not for me ,I have family members that own and enjoy the rpr all in 308 and get on very well with them just to add i don't think all rfds are like second hand car salesmen

Archived