Anschutz 54 "Vadar"

onehole

After I totally reshaped the comb,pistol grip and butt etc I have just had this old Annie 54 brought back to life,,, final finishing and paint was done by West coast Customs down in Cornwall.Feels lovely on a bench for some very some accurate informal benchrest and plinking.Its nice to build something that actually fits you perfectly without an adjustable this and that although I did fit a nice butt pad assembly it fits me without any adjustment.This was a very cheap project "for a change"!!!what do e think,,,,,,,,,O post-41-0-09991000-1462878382_thumb.jpgpost-41-0-23630800-1462878421_thumb.jpgpost-41-0-94659000-1462878506_thumb.jpgpost-41-0-74479500-1462878735_thumb.jpgpost-41-0-08204000-1462878769_thumb.jpg.

Thanks viewers,,,,,,,,Big Al,,,,,I have had these on my RPA,s ever since I bought them many years ago......I sold one of my RPA,s but kept the butt assembly replacing it with the standard item. Its been waiting for a home for some time now.Originally they were available from RPA perhaps they still are?try HPS also?,,,,I have seen these fitted to other rifles but not sure who actually makes or sells them now,,,,but RPA or HPS would certainly know,,,,,,,,,,O

Annie ------------- I am your father!!!! :D :D :D

Looking very nice Dave!!!! ;)

Whilst the stock was away being painted I took a deep breath and chopped the barrel down to 18 inches,,,,short enough as I wanted to retain some of its forward heft.The barrel was finished with a simple straight cut and then lightly crowned.I had a screw cut sleeve made slightlysmallert than the barrel width and I then finished it off in my own lathe for a very close sliding fit and secured by two grub screws.I did this to avoid cutting down to the 1/2 inch threading which I know can open up the bore if ever so slightly.I had already destroyed any choking that may have been present at the end of the original barrel and I was not going to potentially open up the bore any more.The sleeve works,, its secure and any 1/2 inch mod or brake will now fit and looks well centred to me if only by visual inspection.Well does it shoot,,,,very light winds down here yesterday and the following groups were done with some Eley Match at 55 yards.Accuacy was at least the equal of the rifle before the chop so pretty pleased with its performance,,,not absolutley stunning but there was some wind about and could watch the groups moving around with it.A serious plinker I think we can call it that eh?post-41-0-48959100-1463049122_thumb.jpg

looking good Dave!! ;)

Ah the quarry - that brings back memories of testing ammo at 50/ 75/100yds and a bot more sometimes!!! :D

Archived