sako 75 standard trigger

col48

hi chaps

has anyone played with the above? and if so how good can you get one.

I'm asking as i have just got a sako 75 for myself and i have been used to using jewel trigger,

so is there anyone out there that can tune one of these bad boys down to just under a pound, and make it a trigger to be proud of.

if so price please by pm if you like

or is there any after market triggers out yet for the sako 75.

ATB

Colin :lol:

Guest northernchris

Hi Col

I have done several 75 triggers most of them i got down to 1lb - 1 1/4lb with no issues and where safe.I am i the process of making a Jewell fit the Sako 75 as we speak,it wont be done for the CLA but should be within a week or so.

Col, we have the jard kit in stock, for the sako 75, and it goes under a pound no problem.I,ve used one for a year in mine, and i shoot benchrest with it. Top trigger. Give Roger a ring in the shop, and tell him who you are, he will also fill you in on the action.

Col, we have the jard kit in stock, for the sako 75, and it goes under a pound no problem.I,ve used one for a year in mine, and i shoot benchrest with it. Top trigger. Give Roger a ring in the shop, and tell him who you are, he will also fill you in on the action.

hi can you give more info or phone no for the trigger for the 75 please ,regards irish

The trick with a standard sako 75 trigger unit is to fit a lighter but full length compression spring and to molycote the sear faces as well this will give you a crisp and predictable less than a 1lb pull.If you want more than this simple mod then it is gonna cost a whole lot more but quite frankly the sako is a field frendly rifle not a range/target rifle demanding ounce let offs so get a bag of springs from a tool warehouse or similar and look for a spring to suit.Moly paste on the sear faces are a key factor.If you cant be bothered to source a spring pm me and I will get one for you>cheers Onehole

Guest varmartin

I second what onehole has posted...as I modified mine ( 75VLS ) and the trigger was near as good as the Jewell in my 6BR.

Its light, and safe as houses..but most importantly very predictable.

Find a lighter wire spring of the same length and bobs your mothers brother.... :lol:

"STANDARD TRIGGER MECHANISM

- The trigger has no first pull and the

trigger pressure is set at the factory

to approx. 1.5 kg.

- Both the sear engagement and safety are

set at the factory and need no adjustment

of any kind.

- Should you wish to alter the trigger pressure,

the stock must first be detached.

To do this, remove the trigger guard fastening

screws.

TRIGGER ADJUSTMENT (Fig. 7)

- The trigger pull is adjustable from 1 kg

to 2 kg by means of the screw 1.

- Turning the screw clockwise will increase

the pressure. Turning the screw counterclockwise

will reduce the pressure.

NOTE! FOR SAFETY REASONS DO NOT ATTEMPT TO

REDUCE TRIGGER PRESSURE BELOW 1 KG (2 LBS).

- When assembling the firearm always remember

to put the aluminium recoil block into

place in the stock."

But then some of you guys may know more than Sako about their triggers!!

Redfox

Guest varmartin

where did you `copy and paste` this bit of inaccurate info ?....When assembling the firearm always remember

to put the aluminium recoil block into

place in the stock."

Martin

It is entirely accurate for the TRG series, off Sako website, left it in as it did not detract from the accuracy of the info for the std trigger mechanism, thats all.

Changing springs without regard for all the factors that the manufacturer takes into account to guarantee safety under all forseeable conditions is lunacy and would be indefensible in law if an unfortunate accident happened.

A benchrest or class riflei s not taken out into the field and moved around in a vehicle etc as we do when varminting so lighter triggers are used ( My TRG has a 4-7oz trigger) but I wouldnt dream of taking it out stalking, foxing etc.

regards

redfox

Guest varmartin

I was under the impression the TRG was a field rifle.

Took this from the Sako website.....The TRG-22/42 accuracy concept serves several military and law enforcement organizations as their primary sniper weapon system.

I bet it gets taken into the field by those guys...

Besides...it don't matter how light the trigger is....there should not be a round in the chamber unless the rifle is pointed at something you want to shoot..

Just my opinion anyway......and you know what they say about opinions !!

Regards....

Mine has the set trigger option which is not for field use, I also have the std trigger as well which is set at 2.5lb which is perfectly ok in the field with care. It doesnt matter where the rifle is pointed, when you are concentrating 100% on what your doing. you are likely to be safe. It is the unexpected, when you have to move position slightly etc etc, thats when the rifle can go off accidentally.

In the field is completely different to shooting off a bench or similar activities. With extra light triggers a bump or a strong weed stalk will set it off, what is perhaps more to the point, is that ultra light triggers do not aid accurate shooting as such. As Ihave said before a properly set 2lb trigger with no creep feels very light indeed, a poor trigger set at 1lb will actually feel heavier!.

Also when the trigger mechanism is made, the designer takes into account the weight of the trigger blade and length of leverage in deciding the spring characteristics so that it will remain safe under all the circumstances of its use and within the safe adjustment range. shorter, longer, thicker wire, thinner wire, space from coil to coil all have an effect on how the spring operates, so to just pick one out of a box and then adjust the pull to say 1lb is about as scientific as flattening it a bit with a hammer and calling it right.

Redfox

Archived