OPTIX Identifier 60 thermal vision scope

Avian

Hi Avian

I have a OPTIX Identifier 100 , and a friend of mine has the 60 ,

After a couple of years of looking and owning several thermal sights

Finally found a scope that meets all requirements. ROVICOM are the

importers and I can't praise them enough for there customer service

Hi Avian,

I too have an optix identifier 60 and it's a great bit of kit. Before the estate got us it I tried the pulsar xd75 and it's defiantly worth the extra money. The build quality, clarity and functions are superb. If you can afford it get one! Got it on my swift and it's an awesome foxing rig. The mounting attachment is spot on you can use it for spotting then clip it on and have no worries about any shift in zero, also the battery's last a long time.

Ben

post-13479-0-40059900-1462739741_thumb.jpg

With the extended battery's probably at least 8-10 hours continuous use., they usually last two nights out before going on charge. The only thing that bothers me about the unit is the auto shut off when you tilt or raise the scope for a period of time, been meaning to ask the suppliers if this function can be turned off.

Thanks Ben.

Looks like I'll get getting one of these.

Many thanks for the info guys, it's nice to know from someone who has used them rather then just from videos online.

I have compared one side by side to an XD50 and yes it was better but I was not blown away by the difference, certainly not worth it when you consider how much more it costs. all IMO of course.

I do like the add-on range finder though.

I have compared one side by side to an XD50 and yes it was better but I was not blown away by the difference, certainly not worth it when you consider how much more it costs. all IMO of course.

As 640 scopes have less mag on the chip than the 320 versions they need more optical mag, a 640 res scope needs a 100mm lens to get the most out of it IMO

Yes there is a price difference, but the build quality far exceeds other units.

My Identifier 100 as well as being used on my foxing rifle gets used on my

338 lap mag with over 600 rounds so far. Other units that I've owned have failed

with far less abuse.

Ben, you can switch off the sleep mode in the menu.

Steve

Yes there is a price difference, but the build quality far exceeds other units.

My Identifier 100 as well as being used on my foxing rifle gets used on my

338 lap mag with over 600 rounds so far. Other units that I've owned have failed

with far less abuse.

Ben, you can switch off the sleep mode in the menu.

Steve

I am guessing that your surname also begins with an S, we met a while a ago, you have some great kit.

If you have an ID 100 with the add on range finder I would love to have a go

I've just ordered one of these and am now looking for a good recording unit to record the output with.

Yes there are cheaper units on the market for sure, but from what I have seen and from private messages with a few members on here I agree with 416 as regards quality of build.

Not sure I'll use it on my .338 AXMC, but it will certainly be going going on my .308.

Main work will be on a new .17 HMR that is on order at the moment. and as a viewing device for wildlife.

With the extended battery's probably at least 8-10 hours continuous use., they usually last two nights out before going on charge. The only thing that bothers me about the unit is the auto shut off when you tilt or raise the scope for a period of time, been meaning to ask the suppliers if this function can be turned off.

Hi Ben,

Glad to see you on this forum. We are delighted to read your comments on the Identifier 60. However, should you or any of our other customers have any query whatsoever please do not hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. That's what we are here for. I think on this occasion Steve has responded regarding the Stand-By Mode and how to switch off the function if not required.

Roger

Hi Ben,

Glad to see you on this forum. We are delighted to read your comments on the Identifier 60. However, should you or any of our other customers have any query whatsoever please do not hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. That's what we are here for. I think on this occasion Steve has responded regarding the Stand-By Mode and how to switch off the function if not required.

Roger

As 640 scopes have less mag on the chip than the 320 versions they need more optical mag, a 640 res scope needs a 100mm lens to get the most out of it IMO

Hi Anthony,

We have noted your comments on the OPTIX Identifier. It would be great if you could hook up with Steve to see this thermal with a 640 core. They are sophisticated bits of kit in the right hands and I hope you may change your opinion on value for money. No doubt you will keep us posted via the forum.

All the best,

Roger

Hi Ben,

Roger

Hi Anthony,

We have noted your comments on the OPTIX Identifier. It would be great if you could hook up with Steve to see this thermal with a 640 core. They are sophisticated bits of kit in the right hands and I hope you may change your opinion on value for money. No doubt you will keep us posted via the forum.

All the best,

Roger

Hi Avian

I have a OPTIX Identifier 100 , and a friend of mine has the 60 ,

After a couple of years of looking and owning several thermal sights

Finally found a scope that meets all requirements. ROVICOM are the

importers and I can't praise them enough for there customer service

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear you are happy with your unit and thank you for your kind words - they are greatly appreciated. We know you are an expert in this field and your pieces of kit are your passion.

Roger

Hi Ben,

It just arrived at home this afternoon.

Only downside to that is that I'm overseas until early June, so won't get to play with it until then :(

Just looking at the Lawmate recorders at the moment to go with it. Waiting on the company to come back to me in answer to a few queries on the various models.

I haven't seen the price of the 100.

The 60 with laser ranger finder is 8,760 sterling inc VAT

Not sure I'm allowed to put links to seller here , but the UK Optix dealers has an advert on here which shows up on the main page quite often

Archived