Weather flow weather meter.

Hi all.

Has anyone tried the above?

It's compatible with Strelok apparently.

I've tried a Kestral but didn't really get on with it, so looking for an alternative.

Cheers

Danny.

• 2 years later...

Hi

I have had and used a kestrel for years along with strelok but for the last year or so have been using the weather flow and can honestly say it works spot on. Its perfect for using with strelok as it is constantly updating the weather conditions straight to strelok.

You wont be disappointed, and a damn site cheaper than a descent kestrel!!!

I have the blue weather meter. It works very well. There seems to be only this and the Kestrel which give real time data. The weather meter will work with StrelokPro app and also BallisticsARC (free) app. StrelokPro is better but BallisticsARC has some interesting features using google maps.

There is a green version too but seems to be the same as the blue from what I can tell. The internal compas on the weather meter is probably not as accurate as on your mobile phone. There is a choice which compas to use but I have found using the one in the meter to be fine for my purposes. Also it is good to set the Bluetooth connectivity to high power - a bit less battery life but better connection.

Best review has been done by Richard Utting on YouTube who compares the weather meter against the Kestrel.

I have got one, I have foot the green shooting version. 

I find it really good just connect it to your strelok pro app add your range and away you go it constantly updates with corrections. 

A lot of people have got the cheaper blue version and keep having trouble with it losing connection. No such thing on the green shooter one. Spend the extra and get one brought. 

Will the weather meter or wind meter work with Strelok +, or just the Pro version?

And is it a plug and play type or do i need to download the software for the wind/weather meter?

Also, what brands are best to go for?

Cheers.

I have one of the built onto a telescopic pole with a weather vane. I couldnt get mine to calibrate to strelok initially. Theres an app specifically for the meter you can download. I calibrate the compass on it then switch to strelok. The bluetooth range on it is about 10 meters. It seems to work well enough after initial compass set up. Mine is the blue one by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived