AW heaven !

Sapper811

With the help of Dave Wylde at Valkyrie Rifles i have completed my quest with the purchase of an AW ! Top service and a top bloke ! Cant wait to get her out. Second pic shows the stable two from now on. :D

P1070710_zpseelot4to.jpg

P1070711_zps7p4ixutx.jpg

Got one then, good on ya :)

if only id had kept my AW, almost identical to the one youve just got, but short action 6.5x47, i would have had a 338 as a sister!

Im currently waiting on a AXMC in 300 to show up at Sporting Services, i'l order a conversion kit in short action, and then decide on cali,

6.5 Creedmore seems to be the current darling!

Shame AI didnt resurrect both AW's its such a fabulous rifle, solid clean lines, dovetailed rails etc , nothing to fall off!

there must be a market for it????? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Your right. I am led to believe that the first 9 of this batch of 12 were sold very quickly ! Just need to get out and stretch her legs

Got one then, good on ya :)

if only id had kept my AW, almost identical to the one youve just got, but short action 6.5x47, i would have had a 338 as a sister!

Im currently waiting on a AXMC in 300 to show up at Sporting Services, i'l order a conversion kit in short action, and then decide on cali,

6.5 Creedmore seems to be the current darling!

Shame AI didnt resurrect both AW's its such a fabulous rifle, solid clean lines, dovetailed rails etc , nothing to fall off!

there must be a market for it????? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

What I would like to see is the option of NOT having the action cut for the QL allen head bolt , on the both AX actions .

RE the 338 , I think the AX action is a better platform , as the bolt & lugs are up scaled more in line with the calibre size , also hard to go past a nice double feed 338 mag thats like a up scaled version of the the excellent 10rd AW mag .

• 6 months later...

Nice rifles.

The blast from the muzzle brake yesterday up at Warcop was quite something.

Good to meet you.

Nice rifles.

The blast from the muzzle brake yesterday up at Warcop was quite something.

Good to meet you.

let me guess, your the slayer of a 925 yard Pheasant ! Good to meet. Look forward to the next one !!!

let me guess, your the slayer of a 925 yard Pheasant ! Good to meet. Look forward to the next one !!!

Not sure I'll make December, I await 2017's dates, hoping I'll have something a little more capable for getting right out there one of these days.

Archived