Mausingfield Sneak Peak

Remy footprint, triggers, safety etc.

What I was going to say, as well as controlled feed and an awesome extractor system.

Also available left handed.

Personally I couldn't give a rats ass what it's called, although I do think the bolt handle does look like the top hat piece from an old Monopoly set :lol:

Thanks Paddy, watching this with anticipation.

The bottom line is, If you want an action that just works flawlessly, is tough enough to last a lifetime, and capable of the highest level of accuracy, buy a Sako.

Thumbs up from me but you forgot the Sako being affordable bit ;)

Why is there a length of motorcycle chain bolted to the fore-end?

It's actually QD motorcycle chain, for defending yourself against idiots.....

American Rifle Company " Mausingfield Bolt Action"

Precision Rifle Blog " Seven ways the new ARC (Mausingfield) rifle blends the best of the old and the new"

$1600

Together,very informative.

The ARC description is quite detailed,and there do seeem to be a few improved features (and it's reassuring that if you leave your cleaning rod in a 300 WM,you will probably survive,and be aware that you have just blown $1600.Some points are a bit moot-but if you have had a lot of extractor problems...well here is an alternate.Keyed,changeable-but proprietary only- scope rail should solve your wandering scope rail problem,and so on.Easy barrel change(and no lug slop seems positive).

The PRG is somewhat more evaluative,being independent,but overall positive indeed. Their 10 shot accuracy (1/2 moa at 100) is very good,though difficult to properly compare fairly with the usual three shot optimism.

All in all,though pricey,this seems a good addition to the choice of actions. And you can judge for yourself among the claimed advantages.Mostly,there is no real firm evidence-but I'm sure each issue has occured iin other designs,and some -like barrel change,even if not quite unique,will swing the decision for some.

Alas,the bolt knob/top hat does not benefit from this detailed justification,and is merely described in passing as 'ergonomic'-well,each to their own knobs,let's hope this one does not become surgically mandatory elsewhere,despite the alleged hand grip advantages-

the ARC rifle is compatible with many aftermarket Remington clone bits'n'bobs-maybe even bolt knobs(not specified,though).

ARC summarises thus:

"The Mausingfield offers other real and substantial advantages which do not need to be overstated.

The Mausingfield stands on its own merits."

Hmmmmm....

Thankfully,one of these is that the action is too hard to engrave,so this lapse into salespeak is not actually engraved on the receiver.

:-)

gbal

Just stretching-off my google-fu to read up on these...and...one of the first images to pop up:

Oh good god.... The horror! :-)

Archived