Viking gets more RPRs

Laurie

Viking's Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/vikingarms/

As a matter of interest, a question for those on the forum ordering and selling these rifles. Is there any great bias towards any one of the three chamberings they come in - 260 / 6.5 Creedmoor / 308 (short-barrel)? I know there has been a lot of comment / questions re the Creedmoor on UKV, but that may be more about its novelty than actual orders.

I've never seen an RPR in 260. All I've seen is 243 , 6.5 CM and 308. If they made a 260 it's not a cataloged item. (Much like the American Predator in 260. Special run for distributors only.)

I think that 6.5CM is the most popular chambering here in the US. followed by 308.~Andrew

Yes, you're correct Andrew. I'm mixing the Savage LRP, which does offer 243 and 260 (but not 308) up with the RPR which only has the 6mm offer ( plus 308) as alternatives to the Creedmoor.

I've never seen an RPR in 260. All I've seen is 243 , 6.5 CM and 308. If they made a 260 it's not a cataloged item. (Much like the American Predator in 260. Special run for distributors only.)

I think that 6.5CM is the most popular chambering here in the US. followed by 308.~Andrew

I've just barrelled one in .260 Rem and it is currently away at Proof

Yes, you're correct Andrew. I'm mixing the Savage LRP, which does offer 243 and 260 (but not 308) up with the RPR which only has the 6mm offer ( plus 308) as alternatives to the Creedmoor.

I wasn't about to doubt you! You never know about Ruger. They have produced non-cataloged items like that Predator in 260 for decades. Back in the eighties I sold perhaps 20 non-catalogued Ruger revolvers to a well known US musician who collects everything Ruger. I never would have guessed that Ruger produced so many non cataloged items, but they continue to do so. A 260 RPR? Why not?? ~Andrew

The few that have come into the New Zealand market have sold out quick , most seem to want the 6.5CM , so if you want a 308 or 243 version , its a little easier , again noly a very few have come into NZ so most of its new factor , rather than any thing else at this stage .

The Aussies are spitting that they cannot get hold of them , as its the folding stock that makes it illegal for them .

Be aware that the rifles have different barrel lenghts ,and the barrels headspace & swap out a bit like a savage etc , I have only seen the gun in 243, 6.5 or 308 from Ruger , the 308 is a 20 inche barrel w/12.5 inche handguard , the 6.5 is a 24 inche barrel with a 15 inche guard , and the 243 has a 26 inche barrel & 15 inche guard .

RE the 260 , I would think it would be pushed for from in side a Pmag at 2.810 , it would fit the AW or stripped AI AICS mag fine .

I think the 6.5 as a shorter 269 so it can run inside the OAL of a AR10/25 pmag or similar .

guys are running out of room to seat bullets how they want using the 6.5 in a pmag , let alone the 260 .

I have tryed a AI AW mag , and in my gun it doesn lock into place , its close but no cigar , so unless I want to mod the gun or mag , I cannot run a AW mag in the RPR , would have been nice , as would have looked at a re-barrel to 260 then , due to a lcak of 6.5 brass in out place at the moment .

I hope they have sent them to London proof and not Birmingham.... :wacko:

Its bloody slow as it is, without another gurt pile dropping in on them.

Archived