Repair of Weaver T36

Has anyone had a problem with their Weaver T36 scope? If so, did you send it back to Weaver in the USA or via a UK distributor?

I had 2 and sold 1 sometime ago now, but the one I have developed a fault and the focus is not working correctly and I recently found it in the back of a cupboard and was wondering if it is worth sending back for repair or not.

Any info appreciated.

Cheers.

Cant see what you have to loose but I would send it via a UK agent. May be hard to get it back otherwise.

Dont know if there are any independant scope repairers that could handle it over here.

Putting Weaver scope repairs UK into Google threw up a few things but I think they are US companies.

A

Les - I tried it once - very difficult to find someone to send it back to. Seems the brand has changed hands a few times.

That's why most benchresters prefer a 36BR Leupold - best guarantee on the planet (after Vortex).

Cheers gents for the info. I did have an inkling that trying to get it repaired could be a problem.

I knew I should have bought a Leupold/Sightron etc ha ha!

Might go to Plan B and try and put the 24x Tasco on my Heavy Gun to get weight for Light Gun in Benchrest.

Archived