Remington 700 trigger

dannywayoflife

Please can someone tell me how I can tell which trigger is on my Remington 700? I am looking at options to either tune or replace the current trigger but I'm not sure if it's the old version of the newer X Mark?

Cheers

Danny

I had two a few years back, one with the original trigger the other the X-mark. The old version had vertical ribs on the trigger blade and the X-mark was smooth with a rib running down the back of the blade. Not sure if there are other distinguishing features or not.

There's a picture half way down this page showing the difference: http://remingtonfirearmsclassactionsettlement.com/faqs

I have had quite a few Rem 700 and have to say that the new Calvin trigger in my .223 is spot on .

Cool thanks mate :) mine is pretty nice as is as I "think" Peter Saroney may have done some work on it when he did his PR conversion on it. I just would like it to be lighter really :)

Then get to it

It isn't hard and all the info is on the internet

Looks like mine is the older version with the vertical ribs. Can these be tuned down to say 1.5-2lbs?

I fitted a Riflebasix from SYSS to my 700 (to replace the X-Mark Pro item) and it's been an economical way to achieve a lighter, adjustable trigger. Wasn't keen to mess with the standard trigger myself either and didn't have access to someone like Mister B to fettle it!

• 2 weeks later...

Bradders will be asked to do the trigger along with breaking free the muzzle break as I want to go to the TET TAC break and Spartan sound mod. Just need to figure out when I can get up past bradders to drop em in.

I have had quite a few Rem 700 and have to say that the new Calvin trigger in my .223 is spot on .

ditto this....I had a recalled trigger (x mark )that came back worse than it went away with no adjustment for an adjustable trigger this was a joke....kept it for two days then replaced it with a unit from Spud - a Calvin Elite....worth every penny.

Archived