Two AR lefties from yesterday

Now that I have a decent supply of left handles it was time to tackle my own rifles and get them converted.

Having acquired a couple or 3 Hera uppers recently I decided to use these.
First up is this one.
It has a Armalon 18" barrel and has done one season of CSR, so still fresh.
The rifle got a full strip inc the UBR and all the old Patriot Brown was blasted off all the metal and plastic parts.
The Hera upper and new ADM 15" Lowlight handguard got the same treatment and were then given a coat of Troy Coyote Tan Cerakote, with all fittings left in their original black for contrast.
This will be my main rifle next year as/if/when the new Schmidt finally appears
I didn't get the light quite right in the pics, but it is a nice rich colour and slightly warmer than Magpuls FDE, which is the colour of the mag.
The barrel was left Patriot Brown
IMG_1179%201_zpsgiqc1muv.jpg
IMG_1180%201_zpsalmmtut4.jpg
IMG_1182%201_zps2wkb53rc.jpg
Next up was replacing a spare upper I have on my license.
This is a 16" "Navy Recon" styled upper and is based on the Pre SPR request that was never accepted by the US NSW division.
It has a new Sassen barrel in .223 Wylde a Daniel Defense M4 12" rail and another Hera upper.
The barrel is finished with a Tier One Tac Brake and I have a matching Spartan can to screw on it.
Paint: Well I wanted to make it a bit different, so gave it a 6 colour camo jobbie.
3 greens, Multicam Green, Desert Verde and Magpul OD Green and 3 Browns, Federal Brown, Patriot Brown and Magpul FDE.
I think it's come out rather well.
The brake and handguard ring are finished in Armor Black
IMG_1175%201_zpsjcwzsn5i.jpg
IMG_1176%201_zpswvgwbmm7.jpg
IMG_1177%201_zps0yyrzfae.jpg
IMG_1178%201_zpsdrqmgzev.jpg
IMG_1183%201_zpsxnsx0wtg.jpg

Interesting. I ask because I'm thinking about getting my NEA cut for a charging handle but due to the forward assist and deflector it would look cleaner on the left. The bolt catch wouldn't bother me if it wasn't there or functional but one of the clubs I shoot at doesn't allow ARs that don't have a lockable bolt due to a mishap with a CMMG .22lr

Archived