GB Barrels - opinions

Hi all,

I recently received a recommendation to follow GB Barrels on Facebook but know nothing about the company, its reputation or the people behind it. I am pretty sure that somebody here will be able to shed some light into this company.

Sorry if this is wrong forum area for this post. Moderators, feel free to shift the post if needed.

Best,

George

People behind it are Dennis Groom (Ex Border Barrels and current Jackson Rifles) and Dan Brough (Ex Border Barrels) They have between them plenty of expertise producing cut rifled barrels on a Pratt & Whitney rifling machine. They are using quality Barmond 416 steel, having the blanks deep hole drilled by Sassen Engineering and then reaming, rifling, and lapping the barrels at their workshop in Castle Douglas. I have got a couple on order myself and I look forward to using quality products from another UK produced barrel making company.

People behind it are Dennis Groom (Ex Border Barrels and current Jackson Rifles) and Dan Brough (Ex Border Barrels) They have between them plenty of expertise producing cut rifled barrels on a Pratt & Whitney rifling machine. They are using quality Barmond 416 steel, having the blanks deep hole drilled by Sassen Engineering and then reaming, rifling, and lapping the barrels at their workshop in Castle Douglas. I have got a couple on order myself and I look forward to using quality products from another UK produced barrel making company.

Many thanks for the info, Danpd.

• 2 weeks later...

post-10901-0-66446400-1460151480_thumb.jpg

I can report that after receiving my first barrel from GB this week, I span it up today. Very straight indeed and machined beautifully. looking forward to receiving the next one.

Archived